Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the location of the sensor near the cat. area is, where can I get one for good price, how to replace it and how to reset the check engine light after I installed it ? Please help......thank you

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Uh. Well...

Yes! No! Yes! Yes!

Hope that helps!

:lol:

The O2 sensor is located on the driver side outlet of the cat (rear of cat).

I suggest only a dealer who sells Nissan OEM parts or an online dealer like www.courtesyparts.com or www.nissanparts.cc.

Remove it with a wrench, follow the wire to the connector and unplug it.

Do a search for 'Reset ECU'. It's been talked about several times on the forum. I even posted a how-to on the P10.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
tmak26b said:
There is another o2 sensor?!? wtf
Nope! Not on the '91-'93 ('93.5 ??). No worries tmak26b!

The only P10 G20's that have them are the '94-'96 OBD-II

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a94, man i hope this sensor isnt as expensive as the other one. I paid 85 for the front one

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your help. I did some research on the resetting the computer and could not find anything about "how to's", would you please help ???

·
Registered
26 Posts
02 sensor

I just ordered one from Nopi on line catalog, it was the cheapest I saw @ 40.00 PeP boys in my area wanted 76.00 for a Bosch, I think Nopi's is a ngk........

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. Would you have the part # for O2 sensor by any chance ? and I can use after market o2 sensor for my car ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
02 part number

On the nopi on line catalog for a 94 g20infinity the part number for a o2 sensor is 973-0294 the price is 51.96, it's a little more than I paid but I have a 93. I believe it is a ngk which I believe is the stock sensor for our cars, the stock spark plugs are ngk or is it nkg? anyway as far as I know this will fit! This is one of the easier jobs to perform, took me 10 minutes, the 02 sensor sits right behind the radiator on the lower part of the motor, look in the bay try to look at the ground and you should see it standing all alone on the lower part of the engine block. I offer this knowledge with the warning that I too am new to my g20, so you probably are better off learning from one of the other guys on the net! I'm slowly learning and don't do any job myself until I'm confidant that I can perform the job. Nopi's got some good stuff and prices for our cars, stillen. also check the ser.net, slightly confusing to a newbie,but I've got time to really check it out.
Peace my newbie brother! Take your time. and write if I can help you any more.

·
Registered
183 Posts
SO does the 93.5 have one or 2 O2 sensors ? I replaced my front one with the Nopi NTK ( made by NGK ) O2 sensor but was not avare if there is nother one by the cat ????

·
Registered
26 Posts
hmmmm

Now you got me, sorry I'm just learning about my car ,I read my fsm that came with the car and it doesn't mention it, sooo... I really don't know, there's some infinity tech guy on here now, maybe he'll know..Good Luck

·
Registered
2,120 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had broken my ambient air temp sensor which triggered the check engine light. To reset I turned the key to "ON" 50 times and the light went out.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
That works? The person I talked to at Nissan said that if there were no problems the light would go off after 25-30 drive cycles. My car just hit 120K, and then the light went on. I've heard that O2 sensors should be replaced every 60K, so mine could be that. I don't think it is the emissions system because it was recently replaced from the catalytic converter back. Nissan also said it could be from not putting my gas cap on tightly enough...but I filled up three days before the light appeared...and the car drives fine and makes no strange noises etc...

·
Registered
268 Posts
First I would try getting a new gas cap. Pep Boys, Auto Zone, or whatever is in your area. Then the O2 sensor. Have you ever changed it? If that does not work you might need a new EGR valve or something like that. Usually when the light comes on its an emission issue. And yes, the 50 key terns works. Well it worked for me.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
The gas cap seems to be fine. I don't know if the O2 sensor was changed before I bought the car, so my mechanic will definately look at that. I don't think it's my EGR valve because my car displayed none of the symptoms of a damaged valve. The emissions system was just replaced from the Catalytic converter back before I bought the car, so I'm starting to think O2 sensor. Infiniti service is great though, they're giving me a free loaner even though I'm WAY out of warrantee.

·
Registered
175 Posts
change your o2 sensor, its 100 bux, but my gas milage went from 20mpg to 28mpg.

Speaking of MA emission, i failed it on my lexus. My HC was too high.....

·
Registered
268 Posts
You dont have to pay $100. for no stinking O2 sensor. Go to Advanced Auto Parts. I paid like 40 something. The stealership will charge you that much. You know they got to get their cut. And its very easy to change on your own.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
USE NGK

As many people on this site will tell you, use only NGK, get it from a dealership, Courtesy Nissan, or another Infinift parts place. Don't use Advance Auto/Pep Boys/etc junk parts.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Bosch O2 sensor junk? WHAT???? You may not know this but when I took out my old O2 sensor it had the Bosch logo on it. And that is want came with the car from the factory. I average 250 miles on a half tank with my junk Bosch O2 sensor that I got from Advanced Auto Part.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts