Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok! So I was told I should make a build thread given what I've done so far and what will be happening soon. Unfortunately I didn't really take too many pics while doing stuff, but I will when I do the GTiR engine install and tune.

2002 Infiniti G20 Sport, manual, KH3

There are pics scattered all over the internet of the car in its various phases, so as I find them I'll add them to this post.

BEFORE the G20
1993 Nissan Altima SE, 5 spd
This car got a bad case of pothole-induced ripped strut tower so it went to the junk yard with GCs and a B&M shifter in it (and a bunch of other stuff). Plus body kits were going the way of the dinosaur, so it had to be replaced.

So I bought the G20 in Toronto, Ontario - January of 2007. I paid $7500 for it in 8/10 condition. No pics of when she was stock, but you know what a stock, black 5port looks like. :p
I put Tein SS suspension on it pretty quickly. I did this install myself, with a local guy's help. Wasn't feeling the spoiler, so I traded trunks with another KH3 owner locally rather than patching holes.

It rolled on the stock Sport wheels for a while, but then I sourced some silver Enkei Racing S wheels from Japan.
17x7.5 et38, 17x8 et32

They went to Exact Wheels in Dorval to get straightened, sandblasted, repainted in Millenium Jade Metallic (faces) and got repolished (lips). I also bought 205/50-17 Marangoni Versa tires at that time, and they lasted until this month (driving summers only).

When the wheels went on, I had to baseball bat the rear fenders so they wouldn't rub. Eventually I also got them properly flattened and pulled with a rolling machine. Around the same time as the wheels I bought some JDM Xenon black inner housing headlights with corners. I was lucky enough to get the factory ballasts and mounts, but I paid a premium (almost $900 shipped!) They go for far less now of course.

Around the same time I bought a Suspension Techniques rear sway bar. that made a nice difference to handling.

I had some rust above the windshield, so last summer I took out the glass and sandblasted the front of the roofline. I Bondoed it up and primed/painted. I still have to redo it, as the paint is a bit more matte than the rest of the roof.

GROSS.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Full slideshow (full screen) is here.

The Leadsled look.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love it, car looks amazing!
How fitting that the first comment comes from the owner of the car that currently serves as my inspiration. ;)
Thanks, means a lot!

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might be the reason why I like it :D Now make it fast!
GTiR engine is already bought, just looking for ECU. She will be fast by next spring at the absolute latest. :)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
damn dude! you should have started a progres thread way earlier! secret awesomeness lol. perfect mods. sports only need some wheels, a drop, and duals. maybe a wings west lip if your feeling swirly lol. and just try to keep it clean lol

dang those wheels look good! its gonna be crazy super dope once its fast lol.

oops. didnt even realize you had a te-v. i really need to get my screen fixed lol

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm inspired.. makes me want to respray mine black lol awesome ride man!
I wanted mine to be anything but black for the longest time...now I'm liking it again. :)

< black stripe fanclub
I really like it too...surprising that the older version TE-V is body matched and the newer one isn't (at least that is my understanding). I was really happy to get this from Trey and already painted the right colour and with the stripe already matte from factory. Was my ultimate target bumper.

damn dude! you should have started a progres thread way earlier! secret awesomeness lol. perfect mods. sports only need some wheels, a drop, and duals. maybe a wings west lip if your feeling swirly lol. and just try to keep it clean lol

dang those wheels look good! its gonna be crazy super dope once its fast lol.

oops. didnt even realize you had a te-v. i really need to get my screen fixed lol
Thanks! I wish I'd started it earlier too because then I'd have pics of the stages.

another HOT KH3
Thank you very much, love yours. Love love love yours.

She looks great dude!!!! I want tha bumper back!!! lol
Nevaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr :p
Thanks so much for all the work involved in getting it to me.

Very nice!
Thanks man!

·
Registered
869 Posts
I think everyone agrees, more pics plz!
beautiful.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Album on Flickr updated, posted a few of them in the pic post above. Enjoy the defamation of a perfectly good P11.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts