Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, I got a weird question. I have a 94 Auto ECM from a G20t. I tried the 94 ECM in my 95 G20 5speed. It works and drives fine. The only problem i get is a code P1605 witch is a open circuit between the ECM and the Auto ECM. If I was to reflash the EPROM to a 5 Speed program would I get the same Code. Has anyone tried to Flash a auto ECM to a 5 speed ECM.

The reason I would like to know is that I would like to preserve my original ECM. The Auto ECM I would like to put on the 80 pin header so I could use custom Maps. :naughty:

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
You will still get a code if you use the auto ecu even if it has a daughter board installed and was re flashed with the 5 speed program. The thing is the obdI or II chip on the ecu will not change when you re flash the engine control chip.

I had a similar question when I read codes off my ga16 core ecu that I bought off a forum member. The ecu was flashed to run the sr with a turbo but I was getting codes for the crank angle sensor and the aac valve. The following explanation will also apply to your auto obdII ecu.

The codes I am getting as explained to me by Ben over at JWT:

"A GA16DE ECU has many differences from the SR20DE with emissions devices so you are going to get codes that are not part of the SR20DE because the GA16DE ECU has different circuitry and OBD-II software. You will always have the crank position sensor and AAC valve codes as these devices are not the same as an SR20DE. You could convert the AAC on your engine to a GA16DE type which might take care of a code for the AAC but it is not really critical as this code does not effect the way the engine runs. The crank position sensor code is not going to ever be make to go away as the number and spacing of the teeth on the flywheel of a GA16DE versus SR20DE is totally different. When we upgrade a 95-96 GA16DE ECU, we are upgrading the processor EPROM that controls the engine running. The other processor for the OBD-II codes stays the same as we do not do any changes to OBD-II software. This ECU will run your set-up properly if the correct injectors and MAF are installed even with some codes coming up."

I hope this answers your question for you.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts