Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
As long as it has the AIV hole already tapped it will work just fine. But since the '94 and up SR20's do not not an AIV pipe, that header might not have the threaded tap on it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hey guys, does anyone have some real experience with the OBX header? Because I am considering getting one cause I found it for very cheap but what im most concerned with is fitment and reliability of it after a few thousand miles of use. If anyone has some experience with this header please let me know, id really appreciate it, thanks.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
You can remove the AIV system; instructions are on SE-R.net. For someone that never gets on the highway and never see's WOT over 3000 RPM, this header rocks. :p

·
Registered
774 Posts
I need some real hard evidence so I can conclude if I should get this header. I am not as concerned with power output with this header as I am with fitment and reliability like I said in my previous post. I dont like buying something if I dont know of what its outcome is gonna be, its called wasting money, maybe some people here have money to spend on random parts but I unfortunately dont have that luxury.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
JDMP10 said:
I need some real hard evidence so I can conclude if I should get this header. I am not as concerned with power output with this header as I am with fitment and reliability like I said in my previous post. I dont like buying something if I dont know of what its outcome is gonna be, its called wasting money, maybe some people here have money to spend on random parts but I unfortunately dont have that luxury.
well If the deal is good then get it and try it, if your not willing to sacrafice your money then the only way is to get a Hot shot header. You're in a catch 22 situation. You want something proven to be good but you don't want to spend alot of money. The two just don't come together, it's one or the other, SORRY:*( . I have the Pacesetter that I painted myself with high temp paint. It fit good but getting it in was a headache, because of the emissions hookups not lining up great. But in my opinion it was worth it. I have a feeling the OBX will probably have similar problems.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
The way I see, if you get the header for, let's say around $100, and the SOTP dyno notices a difference in performance, then it'll be worth it, IMO.;)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Well im not sayin I dont want to sacrifice $400 for a HS header but the problem is I dont have $400 to sacrifice for that header so im trying to save a little with the $100 OBX Header I found. Its brand new and its 2 piece, chrome stainless steel. I dont think fitment will be too much of a problem but I will have to remove my AIV since it doesnt have a AIV port on the header. Im more worried about how it will hold up after a good amount of use, it does come with its own gasket also so that should prevent leak's I assume. OBX's universal products are decent, I wouldnt say there the best but there not bad but I dont know much about how there model specific products are gonna be. I'll probably get it and try it out and if its good ill keep it if not ill just sell it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
just as a side note about OBX, i got one of their high flow cats and a cat back for my 94 civic, and i was very happy with the quality and fitment of it. and sorry if this sounds dumb, but what is the AIV system anyhow? and what would be wrong with the obx header over 3000rpm and WOT or on the highway?

BTW: where did you find an OBX header for $100?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Header problems generally only expose themselves after hard use. If you're not actually driving hard, I sincerely doubt that anything bad is going to happen. For a hundred clams, it's well worth the risk. Get an exhaust manifold gasket from an '00+ P11 or B15, though.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
jdmp10 - that header isn't carb certified, is it?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
No. Honestly, I don't recall which are, if any.

·
Registered
677 Posts
CowboyDren said:
You can remove the AIV system; instructions are on SE-R.net. For someone that never gets on the highway and never see's WOT over 3000 RPM, this header rocks. :p
can you post the link to this please. i searched over there and didnt see this
thanks

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
JDMP10 said:
Well im not sayin I dont want to sacrifice $400 for a HS header but the problem is I dont have $400 to sacrifice for that header so im trying to save a little with the $100 OBX Header I found. Its brand new and its 2 piece, chrome stainless steel. I dont think fitment will be too much of a problem but I will have to remove my AIV since it doesnt have a AIV port on the header. Im more worried about how it will hold up after a good amount of use, it does come with its own gasket also so that should prevent leak's I assume. OBX's universal products are decent, I wouldnt say there the best but there not bad but I dont know much about how there model specific products are gonna be. I'll probably get it and try it out and if its good ill keep it if not ill just sell it.
It's stainless so it will probably hold up well, if the aiv is a concern and you do not want to remove it then have an exhaust shop ad it to the header. Or just buy a pacesetter for $150 and paint it like I did.

·
Registered
677 Posts
thanks for the link, but it didnt really give removal instructions, can anyone else help out with this?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts