Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I think I need a new clutch, mainly pressure plate, but if you do one you do it all. I am not having any problems getting into gear, nor shifting. I am also not having any problems taking off. My problem occurs AFTER im moving. I have noticed it most in 3rd and 4th gear under acceleration SOMETHING slips, what Im not sure...I guess has to be the clutch, but whats causing it I do not know. I wonder if maybe the slave cylinder is having a problem, and the pressure plate is not fully in place? (Anybody EVER have this problem?). My car has 89k miles on it, so I was rather shocked with the clutch started slipping. I dont race my car, but I am a "spirited" driver as a good friend of mine likes to say. Also how necessary is it to have the flywheel resurfaced? I plan to change my clutch this weekend, and having that done and returning to work monday really doesnt fit the agenda. Let me know guys, Im counting on you!

·
Registered
199 Posts
The same thing happened to my car last year. When I got to the clutch and flywheel, the clutch was almost worn down to the rivets and the flywheel was smooth as marble. I would suggest you get the flywheel resurfaced and while your at it, get the JWT pressure plate (this is what I have but others have said ACT is good too) and replace your clutch cable. The car will feel brand new.

Joe:cool:

·
Registered
807 Posts
True that, do all of what he said, I have the ACT and it feels great i'd recommend it highly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts