Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
5,857 Posts
Would you recommend synthetic MT oil over non-synthetic oil? (If so, which oil?) I don't race or do anything more aggressive than going faster than I should on the highway sometimes. But no aggressive shifting.
Red Line MT-90 has been the long go to for all SR20 transmissions. Its always a safe bet:

I personally use Torco Racing Transmission Fluid (RTF), its GL4 compatible up to GL6. It is AWESOME, but again, my application for road racing is quite different than daily driving.

You can't go wrong with either one. Some folks use Shockproof, but I haven't had any experience with that, and its really kind of a mixed bag of whether or not its good for our cars. Generally comes down to if you are boosted with high HP and are doing more than just street driving.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ok, Sounds like The Redline MT-90 is the one for me, just a daily driver car. A while back, I did go to a Precision Tune an had the transmission oil drained and refilled for a different car. I told them about my '91 G20, and they said they wouldn't do it due to the high mileage and the fear of crap getting in places it doesn't belong in the transmission. Going to look for a shop that will do like you suggested with the ATF first and then the fresh oil.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Being synthetic, is the MT-90 oil likely to cause leaking from the transmission? (I am assuming it will penetrate more than non-synthetic oil.)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts