Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

101 - 120 of 147 Posts

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
Cool forgot about this. I quite smoking recently and I feel great! I really just wanted to try and quit. I stopped cold Turkey and haven't had a single smoke since April 27 so smoke free first day was the 28th

Basically I just became willing to up and stop no matter what. Did not use any for of nicotine to ween my self down because I did not went to prolong the time it takes to get it out of my system.

Results were 4 days of complete shit. But I stuck it out and the hell passed and really my energy level is way up now

·
Registered
145 Posts
I haven't smoked since July 2012, quit cold turkey. I was actually on visiting family in Fresno, Ca at the end of June 2012. Weather outside was a hideous 106* and at night it was still 90*. Spent about 2 weeks down there and felt it was too hot to smoke. Went the whole vacation without smoking, that when we finally arrived back in Oregon I just didn't feel the urge to continue on smoking. It has since almost been a year.

My biggest accomplishment was not telling anyone I quit and surprising them when they finally came to the conclusion of "wow you smell clean" or my kids actually saying "daddy you don't stink anymore.

The biggest confusion is associating smoking with drinking alcohol. I still drink beer and still have no urge to smoke.

·
Registered
43 Posts
theres a big thread over on a bmw forum im on and its all about vaping. sounds stupid. Works wonders. I tll everyone i know that smokes. I was a pack a day smoker for 4 years and quit cold turkey because of this thing. GF loves me so much more and rest of the family is proud! any other vapers here?

·
I loVE AR2
2,566 Posts
theres a big thread over on a bmw forum im on and its all about vaping. sounds stupid. Works wonders. I tll everyone i know that smokes. I was a pack a day smoker for 4 years and quit cold turkey because of this thing. GF loves me so much more and rest of the family is proud! any other vapers here?
I started vaping about a month ago now havent touched a cig since, now I cant stand cigs the smell is horrible to me.

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
I've been smoke free for almost 8 months now, quit cold turkey sometime in late January/early February. The first month sucked, but it has gotten progressively better since then. In my opinion, cold turkey is the only way to go. Vapes are somewhat better for your lungs, but you're still getting a ton of nicotine.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
I has an electric cigarette thing before but it was when it was to cold out for a cigarette are if I was someplace like a movie are court house where I felt I need a cigarette it would get me threw.

I didn't use it at all for.quieting I actually couldn't find all the peaces when I was driving my self nuts in the 4/5 days of nicotine withdraw.

But I absolutely quite cold Turkey and got through it with no nicotine going in my system.

Vapor are weening down in my opinion slow the speed of getting nicotine out of your system.
Just stopping was hell does few days but I told my self it would pass and if I stuck it out I only have to go threw it once.

I like the fact that IM not dependent on anything.
IM glad the vapor things work for some but I think is feel silly sucking on that thing when I can just remove nicotine all together

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
yeah I'm gonna attempt this again LOL
Attempting something is the state of mind that you are probably just going to fail again. I tell myself I'm going to quit for x number of months, and then I do. When I want a cigarette, then I'll have one. No smoking at work either. Down to 1 pack every 2-3 weeks. Completely cut drinking.

When the wife and I have kids, I'll cut out smoking all together.

My recommendation : Set realistic goals you can accomplish, and feel good about doing what you say you're going to do. It makes it a lot easier down the road, and gets you out of the mindset that failure is NOT ok. (at least it does for me)

On behalf of everyone on g20.net, we want you to live Rob!

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
my goal is to just stop smoking LOL. I have done it so many times for years at a time. One of these times will have to stick I hope.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
my goal is to just stop smoking LOL. I have done it so many times for years at a time. One of these times will have to stick I hope.
Years at a time... It doesn't sound like you have a problem to me. If you really wanted to kick the habit, I'm sure you could. Most people have huge dependency issues with smoking cigarettes. No different than the majority of society who "need" to have more than 2-3 drinks when they're out.

In the end, its all about self-control, managing the excess, and trying to keep your habit from putting you in a bad situation. If you cannot follow that rule, then you should probably find a way to quit.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Yup quit for over 2 years several times in my life. Then one day just start back up. I often go a day or so without one or just having one because I don't smoke around the kids. So if I'm with them all day I don't smoke.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
failed LOL! but back on the horse.

Went out for tres de mayo with a bunch of social smokers. I had 1 and a half cigs the entire night. Woke up feeling like I smoked a whole pack. Haven't touched one since then. So while I did fail, it was more of a stumble as opposed to a fall flat on my face. Back at it again.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Yeah I suck at this. I am going to try vaping. Picking up a kit tomorrow and my official normal cigarette quit day will be monday the 6th of October. I am the only person who still smokes at my job. Few have gone the vaping route and swear buy it now. They have been tobacco free for coming up on a year I think. Sure it's one thing for another and vaping might have it's own issues. But it can't be any worse than cigs and it's much much cheaper.

I only smoke a pack every 2-3 days but I really want to be tobacco free. My friend that smoked a pack a day says he spends $10 every two weeks on e-juice. And he gets to switch flavors.

So any vapers here? I see a few people awhile back said they were.

101 - 120 of 147 Posts