Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all ^^ i am fairly new and i am completely new to doing anything mechanical period lol. I just got the tints done on my windows a few days ago...looks nice...and looking at the calipers i was not impressed so today i bought a caliper paint kit thinking i was gonna try doing this on my own, boy was i wrong...what did i get myself into this time? puahhaa. I guess for some of u its like easy stuff but for me i dont even know how im gonna take off the bloody wheels lol. i looked in the trunk and it seems everything i need to take them off are there but now i got so many things running thru my head for example. If i get the wheels off and i try to put them back on am i gonna have safety issues with my wheels because i didnt do it properly? haha little things like this are going thru my head dammit. I'm great with computers but with cars? not so much. i was hoping i would try a new hobby tho. Starting on my g20 would be a nice place to start, more specifically the calipers. reading the forums on caliper painting and such they are awesome tutorials but when i went down to look at the car myself i was like..."damn..im screwed >.<" so i call my friend and ask him (more for moral support) and he's like "well do the things lock?"
my response "eh? lock? da hell u talking about?" then he's like..."heh if u plan on driving anytime soon u sure u wanna get involved with this?". i wasn't mad mind you by him saying this but now im more driven to do it. Anyhow i think my point here is maybe just maybe i could use some moral support as stupid as it may sound puhahah. I MUST attept this tho...i'll let u know how it goes in the meantime. Oh one thing for the average know it all guy/gal around here how long does it take u to do all 4 calipers? Just wanting to know so i can gauge myself. I think the most important problem for me in all honesty is getting the damn wheels off and back on again. Painting the things dont seem like such an issue for me just getting the wheels on and off. Ok u can all laugh now ^^ im done thanks for your cooperation lol.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts