Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've just been reading some of the posts about reviews of G20's and stuff and also how much you guys get noticed out there in your G's... If only it was as good as that over here in the UK.

Most people I know call me a grandad for driving such a big car over here (implying I drive slowely and/or drive the car my grandad would)...... they think I should be driving some tiny citroen or Vauxhall or something like every other person in this country who is less than 25 does!!! I love my Primera to bits and fully intend to prove to people what a great car it is!!!

Also.... I read that the G20 has been getting poor performance reviews over there.... Thats the same for the P11 model over here... The p10 EGT engine was really good and had lots of power, unfortunately the P11 model engine wasnt as good and got some really bad reviews in tests......

I'm proud to own a Primera and hopefully one day with a lot of hard work on my pride and joy I will get the respect I deserve for owning such a great car!!!!

has anyone actually dropped a GTI-R engine in their car yet? If you have drop me an email, I'd be interested to hear how it went!!

just my two pence worth for a boring friday afternoon!!!

Kev

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Search the forum. You'll see a few threads on det swaps. General rule of thumb from what can be read here is that the BB DET is the easiest swap for the P10's and P11's.

George Roffe has a write up on his BB DET swap in a recent issue of Sport Compact Car.

·
Registered
218 Posts
kinda? I would say more like very small. I'm a pretty tall guy and i really love my G20, but it seems like it's even smaller than a Honda Accord (even the early 90's model). And the Accord is only considered a "midsize" car. Compare the G20 to a brand new Lincoln, Mustang, or heaven forbid a new Expedition or Cadillac Escalade. Those cars are all WAY bigger than the G. Things are just different in the US. We've got more space and longer distances between cities. That makes things tend to be bigger. And the cheap-ass gasoline doesn't help any either.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Great big G20!

Kfairburn,

I lived the first 30yrs of my life in the U.K., where I drove mostly old Rovers – 90, 105 and 3 litre coupe. THEY were considered Grandad cars, the P.M. used to be driven about in the 3 litre Rover.

I've spent 24 years on this side of the Atlantic and currently live in Mexico. One thing to consider is the difference between the width of the roads in N. America. I mean, I once saw a big Rover 90 over here that looked tiny. But that same car was a large vehicle in England. No doubt a G20 looks big over there, but, it's the smallest Infiniti (or Nissan Sentra) they make!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
kfairburn said:
Most people I know call me a grandad for driving such a big car over here (implying I drive slowely and/or drive the car my grandad would)......
Has everyone already forgotten that the Primera won the BTCC?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think the one good thing about the Primera's here in NZ is that they appeal to such a wide range of ppl.

You see them as the boy racers first car he buys:depressed
Mum taking the kids out
Dad going fishing with the boat in tow
Grandpa/ma potting around town doing his Thursday shopping :-\
The really tidy ones:)
The wrecked ones driving around :(
The standard ones
The kitted out ones
etc etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.