Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just bought 99t about 6 weeks ago. Today I was on Bethal Road, a pretty long 4 lane road. Going 40 MPH, the speed limit, and yellow light.. red light 5 cars infront of me slow and stop, I did the same. Then BAM!!!! I go flying into the fucking car infront of me. I'm think "I just got into an accident.." This was my first god damn accident. I'm 16 too. Some jackass behind me wasn't paying attention and rammed me in the ass with his Ford Pick-up. And lucky me another huge truck was infront of me to stop my car.
All 3 of us pull into CVS and I get out dazed :knockout:, look at the damage. My back bumper completly screwed, my lights smushed in, my trunk is about 2 inches above where its supposed to be. My front bumper loose as hell, about ready to fall off. My neck is killing me, it still hurts after 3 Advil right now. The guy walks over smoking a cig, not saying anything looks at my car, looks at the guy's car he pushed me into. Then, he walks to his car and gets his information, still not saying anything.
I call 911, I reported it.. now the operator transfers me to the Columbus Police, they say its in the Perrie Township juristiction, so they transfer me to the Perrie Police. Now, the Perrie Township police say its in the Columbus Police juristiction. So, after 40 minutes of waiting for the they roll-up. At least the driver at fault got cited for causing the accident.
And now I'm here. GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the cussing and the length. I just needed to vent about BAD DRIVERS!!!:mad: :*(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
Hey, as long as hes insured and paying for the damage, then thats a comfort, but be sure you check out your Adjustable Teins, 18" rims for marks, your Yokohamas for punctures, and that the front end hasnt pushed your intercooler into the engine bay causing damage to your turbo technics T3/T4 turbo conversion.

Just make sure he pays up for all that;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
ah bro im sorry to hear the bad news. if something like that happend to my G i think i'd beat the shit outa the pick up drivin red neck. sue him for all that piece of shit tracker he drives is worth and go buy the G35 when it comes out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,331 Posts
Damn.. that sucks man. People need to keep their flipping eyes on the road. I always look in my rear view to see who the chump is behind me. I carry my digital camera with me at all times.. incase someone hits me, I get out of the car, snap the license plate, snap pictures of the accident scene and damage. Then I put the camera down, take out my bat and bash some legs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,027 Posts
atomic-G said:
Damn.. that sucks man. People need to keep their flipping eyes on the road. I always look in my rear view to see who the chump is behind me. I carry my digital camera with me at all times.. incase someone hits me, I get out of the car, snap the license plate, snap pictures of the accident scene and damage. Then I put the camera down, take out my bat and bash some legs.
You need to get a grip. It's just a friggin car for crying out loud. They can be fixed and accidents do happen.

One day you'll try your little baseball bat trick on the wrong person and you'll walk pretty funny with that baseball bat up your heinie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,027 Posts
InfinitiLvr said:
Some jackass behind me wasn't paying attention and rammed me in the ass with his Ford Pick-up. And lucky me another huge truck was infront of me to stop my car.
Sorry to hear about your accident. It really sucks. It especially sucks at 16 when it's not even your won fault.

InfinitiLvr said:
Then, he walks to his car and gets his information, still not saying anything.
Learn from him. The best thing to do if you are in an accident is to say as little as possible except to the police.
 

·
G20.net Founder
Joined
·
2,110 Posts
Geo said:

One day you'll try your little baseball bat trick on the wrong person and you'll walk pretty funny with that baseball bat up your heinie.
ROTFLMAO!!!! Stop it George, I almost spit water all over my keyboard and moniter! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
95_g20_P10 said:
look at it this way want the stillen bumper now u get it for free from insurance :)
I was thinking about that, how would I do this? Just claim I had a Stillen Front Bumper???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
No! NEVER lie about an insurance claim. You may only be 16, but that's insurance fraud, my friend. We're talking jail time. When you make the claim on your car, be honest. When you finally get your claim check you can buy an aftermarket bumper instead of the stock piece. Ditto for the rear bumper and any other parts that were damaged. Just remember that your insurance company will probably want to see your car once it's all put back together. So no blowing all of the money on new wheels and not getting the car painted. =)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Listen to Cue-Ball, there was a guy in my school last year that tried claiming he had alot of aftermarket stuff on his civic, he ended up going to jail for a year and paying a fine I think. Anyways that sucks bout your car, hope it gets fixed asap, later
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cue-Ball said:
When you finally get your claim check you can buy an aftermarket bumper instead of the stock piece. Ditto for the rear bumper and any other parts that were damaged.
Is there any after market rear bumper pieces, like similar to the Stillen Front Bumper I'm getting? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
I would just like to remind everyone - especially infinitilvr - if you get in an accident, go to the hospital and get your neck checked. Yes, it's gonna hurt like hell and it's not something advil can fix. At the very least they will prescribe you Lortab and muscle relaxer (most likely you have strained muscles) and that will take the edge off it for a few weeks. Plus, it could be something worse. Remember, the ins. pays for it and you don't want to find out later that you suffered irrepairable damage by not going to the hospital.

edit: Also, don't accept the first payout your insurance gives you. If it's repairable, go to several good, expensive shops in the area and get quotes for repair price. If it's a total, call up dealers in your area and ask what you'd pay for a car just like yours. Tell them why you're asking. They'll be nice. Hold out for a good # from your Ins. co. State Farm tried to give me $1600 for my Sentra, a 1991 with 184,000 mi. I told them no way, and after their inspector looked at it again and noticed the 'excellent exterior condition' they offered $2300. This turned out to be a $300 profit over the $2500 I paid for the car, minus the $500 rebate the ins. paid the first time someone rear-ended me.

Sorry to hear of the accident. Hope it works out for the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,195 Posts
unfortunately

I think that because you hit the car in front of you, you are technically at fault for that car and it will make your rates go way up..

...someone help me out with this one... isn't the one who hits a car in front ALWAYS considered at fault regardless of if they got rear ended in the first place?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
No. The person behind is at fault MOST of the time, but not always. If the person in front was going in reverse, this often shifts the blame to them. Also, many states have "no fault" accidents where nobody is considered at-fault. This all depends on the particular state, it's laws, and whether or not anyone was breaking a law at the time of the accident.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The jackass behind me was cited for both cars. So, basically I'm off the hook for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Hey, sorry to hear bout ur accident, that sux, but if u have another way of transportation while ur car is in tha shop, tell um u'll just take tha $ 4 tha rental car opposed to gettin the rental...Thats what my bro did, and make sure like someone said earlier, that u checked EVERYTHING!!! Good luck with it man, glad ur injuries wernt worse!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
Re: unfortunately

Chris said:
I think that because you hit the car in front of you, you are technically at fault for that car and it will make your rates go way up..

...someone help me out with this one... isn't the one who hits a car in front ALWAYS considered at fault regardless of if they got rear ended in the first place?
This depends on whether the person you hit was breaking the law at the time of impact and also whether your hitting them was directly caused by another driver. When I totaled my Sentra it was by running head-on into another guy's back end, (from the side, I kind of hit between their rear wheel and trunk), but I didn't get cited at all because they had been 1. Turning left across a double yellow line, and 2. Stopped in my lane, thereby violating my right-of-way. I did everything I could, honking and braking, but couldn't change lanes because someone was next to me.

I've also been rear-ended once, and the back person was liable for all damage. He had been looking backwards while driving, until after impact.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
it also depends if the officer at the scene cited you for being too close to the person in front of you. my wife was in the same type of accident in our G and our insurance company raised her rate because that makes her more of a liability because she did slide into the person in front of her. not to mention that the person that hit her was not insured. our car was totalled and we bought it back and fixed it up as best we could with the rest of the money.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
mike_rose said:
it also depends if the officer at the scene cited you for being too close to the person in front of you. my wife was in the same type of accident in our G and our insurance company raised her rate because that makes her more of a liability because she did slide into the person in front of her. not to mention that the person that hit her was not insured. our car was totalled and we bought it back and fixed it up as best we could with the rest of the money.
That's true, and applies if you're moving at the time of the accident. But to my understanding, he was stopped or was stopping at a light.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top