Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys and girls
I was just wonderin if gettin a header and cai first is good and not gettin exhaust till after. I would be usin my stock exhaust for now. U think this is a good idead first of all and u think this will increase hp the same as it would if i had the bigger pipin from a cat back? thanks

·
Registered
562 Posts
If you get a cat-back exhaust without getting a CAI or headers it would be a waste of an exhaust. Because you're not getting enough air to actually be using the exhaust fully. So I say get the CAI and headers FIRST, then exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Well, the exhaust really doesn't do that much on our cars anyways, it's designed pretty well stock, and definitely isn't the weak point of the car's breathing system. I'm going to do pretty much everything else and put the exhuast on last, just because it's really not that restrictive yet. For me it comes down to how much power will i gain for how much money, and the exhaust is one of the last items on the list for that reason. That's just me though...

Also, next time please try and make the subject a little more descriptive of what the thread is about.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bad hahahahhaha i did that to get people to read it cause it attracts attention but next time i will. also i noticed on bottom of ur reply ur mods and u got 19* timin, is that the best timin to get best gains from?

·
Registered
880 Posts
nsng20 said:
My bad hahahahhaha i did that to get people to read it cause it attracts attention but next time i will. also i noticed on bottom of ur reply ur mods and u got 19* timin, is that the best timin to get best gains from?

Yes it is... unless you have a car with f'd up timing marks like mine. But with 19* timing you will have to run premium gas (91 or better octane). 17* is the highest without having to change the type of gas you use.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
BritCG20 said:

Yes it is... unless you have a car with f'd up timing marks like mine. But with 19* timing you will have to run premium gas (91 or better octane). 17* is the highest without having to change the type of gas you use.

It actually really depends on teh car. Most later model cars with stock cams have seen improvements going from 17 to 19. Although not all cars do. Aftermarket cams will change where you best timing is to be found. I'd probably suggest running 91 octane with 17* or higher too. you might be able to get away with a lower octane, but i don't know for how long...

·
Registered
880 Posts
Well I know Kempe has been getting away with regular unleaded gas with 17* almost since he's bought the car 2 years ago. That's why I said it wouldn't be a problem. I know Cadle agrees with me too. But I guess as a rule of thumb, you can never be too safe.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
BritCG20 said:
Well I know Kempe has been getting away with regular unleaded gas with 17* almost since he's bought the car 2 years ago. That's why I said it wouldn't be a problem. I know Cadle agrees with me too. But I guess as a rule of thumb, you can never be too safe.
I stand corrected. Maybe it's just cause i live in Az that i've heard premium gas w/ 17 degrees. That's good to know. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts