Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
I've never heard of them but they look like the B+G setup. Looks like they are German made so most likely they're pretty good.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Re: OHLINS make * attenuation power adjustment functional attaching height adjustment sys

cas8_1999 said:
anyone know of this setup and users and price?

Mista McCoilover said:
I've never heard of them but they look like the B+G setup. Looks like they are German made so most likely they're pretty good.

I've heard of them. They are made in Sweeden actually.

They are a full race damper. I don't know prices, but they won't be cheap. I know the remote reservoir units will be at least $1k per corner (probably more).

·
Registered
520 Posts
Goodness gracious. I'm not a thief, to be honest...I would have to steal these if I wanted them.j/k I'm not ballin like that.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Mista McCoilover said:
Goodness gracious. I'm not a thief, to be honest...I would have to steal these if I wanted them.j/k I'm not ballin like that.

Hehe.

The Koni coilovers we would like to run on our race cars are $1,500 per corner. :eek:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Oh lord allmighty. With these high priced suspension set-ups. I should be able to go off-road, race on the track, and go right on the street with no problem. And it should ride like a Cadillac.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Mista McCoilover said:
Oh lord allmighty. With these high priced suspension set-ups. I should be able to go off-road, race on the track, and go right on the street with no problem. And it should ride like a Cadillac.
Not quite. =)

I've actually heard of someone with a Porsche 928 running a $15,000 coilover set-up. That's right, fifteen and three zeros before the decimal.

Hell, my whole race car won't cost that much.
=)

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Ohlins are swedish but are actually owned by yamaha and are better known in the motorcycle world.The suspension aint the cheapest but its the best.A set of Ohlins race forks for a bike are like $7000 and $3000 for a rear shock

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it definently sounds good but the question is how much of those thousands are we paying for the name?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Im not taking my car on a road track or anything like that so whats the point of having a race type coilover system on a every day driver street car. I got my Teins for comfort, style and a little better handling. ;)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
cas8_1999 said:
it definently sounds good but the question is how much of those thousands are we paying for the name?
I doubt you're paying anything for the name. They are truly a race damper company. In those circles there is a lot of competition that most road car enthusiasts haven't even heard of. There's a short article on what's new in race dampers in Race Car Engineering this month. Interesting stuff.

Oh, I'll bet y'all didn't know Eibach made race dampers? They are doing some cool things. They are doing some really wild things with tender springs. They have a little "capsule" of sorts that allows you to preload them for additional tuning.

Most of the hard core race dampers are 4-8 way adjustable now too.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
2002G20Racer said:
Im not taking my car on a road track or anything like that so whats the point of having a race type coilover system on a every day driver street car. I got my Teins for comfort, style and a little better handling. ;)

You don't. Although some of the race dampers will give you a really great ride and allow you to lower the car a lot without killing the ride.

The Shigspeed set-up does this. I've ridden in an SE-R with them. They use the "inexpensive" Koni 8611 double adjustable race insert. About $2k a set, but WOW.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
impul pohlins race susp for skyline and s15

just so get an idea of their description of the race susp

Height adjustment type damper. There is a place where until you say, to adjust the height the stepless floor without it can do the largest feature, attenuation power calls to some stage adjustment possibility. That is function because the machine setting which is imagined variously with the style of liking and running the driver, is actualized finely, you can call the damper where the quite sport characteristic which brings the possibility of maneuverability improvement substantially with that is high.
But, that degree of freedom of setting is high, sometimes it is connected to also the notion that where " is difficult to ride, is slow " also possibility of mistake setting is high, and so on also the fact that it has been filled the danger which falls to the worst setting which is said is fact. The インパルオーリンズ * super it was developed by the technological cooperation with this オーリンズ corporation shock knows running and exhausts and knows the NISSAN car and individual the Hoshino reason which is exhausted, does car elevated fixed, attenuation power setting and spring rate setting et cetera entirely, skyline R34 GT-R and the skyline R34, being to be the damper which each one after thoroughly testing the sill beer S15, is set does. As for that being to be something which even model of Hoshino style underside settings can be said, in order to be able to show the potential of the machine in the maximum, experience of the Hoshino running, with sensitivity to be the damper which is set, it does. And we set the Hoshino reason boldly to the people of the user the presentation. Because, being because " to be fast, you can assert very that the notion that where the true sport efficiency that it is easy to ride ", with the ideal カタチ is actualized, with tremendous self-confidence it does. To tell the truth, opening as for the this インパルオーリンズ * super shock, the people of the user adjust to their own taste, enjoy setting freely it is not something which is sent from the viewpoint that. On the other hand the consciousness that has become concept in driving sense of Hoshino reason, keeping being able to get near, we would like to receive the technique of the self.
If to pierce running it keeps stuffing, if extent, and the driving technique which go rise, curiosity and search heart to extent and the running which rise keep becoming excellent. In such a sport driver, keeping the in pal, full release the インパルオーリンズ * super it does shock. The car, running, and please taste the impression which enjoyment of driving drastically changes exciting by all means.

The aluminum cylinder which is proud of high rigid 、 high tough characteristic (the for GT-R) the 、
It actualizes the super specifications, high durability 、 super light weight.

As for, decrease of unsprung weight to be large to the maneuverability of the machine being a 拘 わ り, you think that where also everyone is recognized sufficiently. As for that being similar concerning suspension, as for light weight conversion of the damper itself, it has become the tuning which it is already essential to synthesis efficiency rise of the machine. Being the in pal to develop the aluminum make cylinder with the technology of the aluminum wheel production which is cultivated over long time to succeed in substantial light weight conversion in comparison with the cylinder by the former steel it does then. Furthermore simply the cylinder just was designated as the aluminum make is not. In order that in the aspect of strength, precision and durability, those of the steel make whether 遙 the efficiency which is exceeded is given, strength, special heat treatment is administered to the aluminum material which is superior corrosion-resistant, also high tough characteristic is guaranteed. Furthermore the teflon type special resin piston ring, you adopt the backup O ring which prevents the oil leak due to temperature variation, because of this, apply the lateral load and regarding 1,000 ten thousand time stroke durable tests you wear, you actualize the durability where the extent where almost it cannot recognize oil deterioration quite is high. (The for skyline R34, the high rigid special steel mono tube make) the ビギーバッグ type reservoir tank (the for GT-R) to adopt the one for sill beer S15, effective stroke substantially guaranty. In order to guarantee sufficient effective stroke, the Lee server tank & the system were adopted to the damper for the GT-R where especially the super hard using is expected. As for becoming an important important point at the time of the installation of the reservoir tank, the tank cylinder must be high rigidity, thing and the wheel and the caliper -, there is a part, setting of the installation position which does not interfere, and capacity guaranty of the maximum. We in order to solve the request, being secure, the conclusion structure due to one somatotype pipe volt/bolt high rigidity, high efficiency adopt, being to utilize by way of the continual vibrating durable test above the 10G which supposes breaking strength inspection and rough road travelling which reach even 1 ton or more do. With this, as it succeeds in being able to give the oil flow quality which even ideal can be said guarantees effective stroke fully, also heat dissipation characteristic substantial improvement is actualized.

46 phi (for GT-R) large aperture piston attenuation quality substantially improvement.

Quality of the damper which utilizes the flow resistance of the oil changes largely orifice form of the piston with the quantity of the oil which is built in. This in pal * オーリンズスーパーショック skyline GT-R, the skyline R34, travelling quality of the sill beer S15 all analyses and the on that, orifice form, has decided piston diameter from all angles. 46 phi pistons of especially new development (as for one for skyline GT-R also F * R: 46 phi, as for the one for skyline R34 F: 46 phi / R: 36 phi, as for the one for sill beer S15 F: 36 phi / R: 36 phi standing upside down types), it is superior in early operation characteristic, has contributed to road surface following characteristic substantial improvement largely.

In the attenuation power adjustment, and the respective step of 20 steps
Furthermore 18 steps (only the one for GT-R shrinks and side) equips reduction side adjustment function.

The entire attenuation power adjustment screw, in the chrome molybdenum steel characteristic piston rod point whose rigidity quite is high arrangement, in addition the attenuation power adjustment dial of reduction side (only the one for GT-R), arranges to the reservoir tank mount, designates the operativity when setting as quite easy ones. Because of this, the driver regarding whatever situation, it has become possible to access to the setting of the taste with as instantaneous. But the 20×18 possibility of the setting which reaches, even the meeting which sometimes keeps advancing setting, has been filled also the danger that (the for GT-R) it enters to maze. In order there are no times when that kind of it falls itself, as for the インパルオーリンズ * super shock it is made the numerical value where individual Hoshino reason sets regarding factory shipment holding. As for this, the maximum potential of the respective car in order for it to be possible to pull out, balance it was done, in a manner of speaking being to be setting pattern of the オススメ, it does. Of course, balance changes with the tire type power rise and of engine and the rise et cetera of body rigidity. You catch the change, adjust to the stage of tuning, try Lee * setting. It is the big step where very that masters running truly.

* Skyline R34 GT-R

* Skyline R34

* Sill beer S15

You pull out without the high stress spring leaving the efficiency of the tire.

Spring rate of the coil spring has become, the for GT-R < the F:10kg/mm R:8kg/mm > the for R34 skyline < the F:9kg/mm R:8kg/mm > the for sill beer S15 < the F:9kg/mm R:6kg/mm > with. When as for this, Hoshino reason repeats the test personally and it is best, being to be the number which decides it does. As for Hoshino, passion is burnt in always being able to send the car fast. And he " to run fast, always not betting traction of the tire on the road surface, it is useless ", you say. That the underside which grip, and traction of the tire 100% is consumed, to be most to attach importance road surface following characteristic height, being the fact that running fast to mean it is not possible, it does. To be the setting which most time of life spent this spring rate setting, to continues grasping the steering wheel as the professional * racing driver, even compilation into one book of Hoshino reason can say, the so far to " being nimble, it can do to add running as a person of another hardness the pliant " running, probably is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is low the helper spring of rate " the アソビ " of the spring perfection shutout.

The helper spring which is set to the coil spring, the case of cornering, holds down " the アソビ " occurrence of the spring which is extension side and is packed, of course it controls also " the ア Soviet ビ " occurrence of the spring at the time of height down that it designates that grip of the in side tire is made to maintain securely as purpose. As for this spring although low it is rate in the 1kg/mm and the emergency, as for spring rate and the quality, the damper, the main spring, with close balance with, regarding this part, as for the インパルオーリンズ * super shock the test sample of several dozen types is prepared, those of the setting which produces best balance select.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The インパルオーリンズ ・ super shock (pillow upper mount 、 coil pulling it includes)

Conformity model
Height adjustment step number
1 unit kit
Skyline R34 GT-R
Concerning the attenuation power 20 step + compressed side each step 18 the step

350,000 Yen
Skyline R34
Attenuation power 20 step 4dr car yes

270,000 Yen
Sill beer S15
Attenuation power 20 step front camber adjustment function to attach

298,000 Yen

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
p10 with ohlins on

rough translation but the pics say it all

OHLINS installing
Until now, the car immediately after the purchasing the ローダウン! With with the notion that where you say, being the suspension of the Eibach, and something where it perseveres with the POTENZA reforming damper it does, but when has said of the fender the opening finger one, it reached the point where hard riding comfort you feel recently harshly. Be too hard, because the underside does not become when flying through high speed angrily, not making tension continue, being to become tired, it does. In addition, if be too low the height of just the appearance is thought, being to be highest, it does, but the actual use time the air must be used, with various scenes such as self-propelling type tower parking and coin parking zone.

Then, moving more pliantly, bring the sense of relief to behavior you want. The height it probably will rub, a little lifting, raising degree of freedom, when getting off tower parking the difference in level, without worrying, you thought you will insert the good foot.

Well, the golden taste * & * cause this time of procuring it is, the golden leg, it is the damper of the thing OHLINS and the super down suspension Type1 of the APEX.
This OHLINS does with those of 20 step adjustments of genuine form. Suspension at rate of the 2.6kg approximately the down quantity does with the thing.

Because it procured in Assy state of strut, you tried installing temporarily. Gradually, the time where also the bush and the like is good replacing being to be, it does, but replacing the leg temporarily, that way it came to the point of looking at circumstances.

after

before

·
Registered
774 Posts
Ohlins are the best money can buy in terms of coilovers but there strictly for race not for street, Ohlins makes a kit for the P10 that ive seen in my Hyper Rev book that is very expensive, anywhere from $2500 to $3000. I dont know of anyone that can import these coilovers into the US as its more of a setup youll find on motorcycles like it was said earlier that youll see in the US but if you do have the money and are willing to spend that much you probably wont ever buy another set of coilovers.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
JDMP10 said:
Ohlins are the best money can buy in terms of coilovers but there strictly for race not for street, Ohlins makes a kit for the P10 that ive seen in my Hyper Rev book that is very expensive, anywhere from $2500 to $3000. I dont know of anyone that can import these coilovers into the US as its more of a setup youll find on motorcycles like it was said earlier that youll see in the US but if you do have the money and are willing to spend that much you probably wont ever buy another set of coilovers.
I could get them for someone who really wanted them. A really good friend of mine is the data acquisition programmer for Roehrig Engineering (manufacturer of shock dynos) and they are an Ohlins dealer.

I think it's certainly debatable whehter they are the best money can buy. You may not have seen what money can buy. ;)

You can get Konis, Bilsteins, Penskes, etc. They will be semi-custom and similarly cost a fortune.

·
Administrator
5,071 Posts
I realize this is an OLD post.. but found it and thought I'd reply to it anyway.

I picked up a set of these Ohlins P10 struts/shocks from Chuck (Octotat) a while ago. I've got them at a local race shop trying to get them rebuilt. (one of the front units blew a seal).

Even those they're old, and don't look all that impressive.. they're a shorted strut/shock assembly that rides VERY well! Even though the car is lower, I didn't scrap on anything.

I posted some pics comparing my Ground Control/GAB setup to the Ohlins.

http://www.g20.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=42

I'm hoping they'll be able to rebuild this suspension for me! It's imported from Japan, and was engineered by a company in Japan, using Ohlins components.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts