Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I couldn't find my filter wrench and I mis-remembered the threaded post as being only about an inch long. So, like an idiot, I did the old screwdriver trick and took a chunk out of the end of the post. The the loose bits all remained in the filter. How bad is this? It doesn't appear to seal against the inside of the filter. Do I need to replace the housing/distribution block, or can I just clean up the edges and leave it? I'm not excited about having to source a replacement and do the wrenching which looks like a complete PITA, but if it has to be done it has to be done.

Car is a 1993 P10. Highport.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would change that just for if little bit metal got inside. I got extra ones. 25 shipped. To be honest, I would use it. It's still going in. Remove the bracket and clean out the inside. Maybe just hack that shit off so it's flat. But then again might make a slower response on filter pressure to open the releif . Think about your filter bypass. Most you buy off the shelf have a bypass at 13 psi unless you search for a higher 1. So basically it's only filtering at idle and runs thru the bypass the rest of the time. Make sure you use a filter with bigger inlet holes like a fram as compared to a Quaker state or Bosch. Next time you go get a filter open and compare them holes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fortunately this is my winter beater so my little effup didn't strand me. It's been sitting in my garage for 2 months while I've been busy with other things/procrastinating the repair. I think I'm gonna just replace it. Thanks for the advice MFNchip, Imma PM you for your paypal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts