Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i recently replaced my Primeras oil sump cos i cracked the last one, and ive had a slight oil leak since that, should i take it off again and redo the gasket? or is there likely to be another problem.
another prob is my handbrake light wont turn off i think its something to do with the switch at the handbrake, how do i access this?
thanks very much

·
Registered
453 Posts
hmmm....i don't have anything to say about the oil pump...but as for the handbrake light...it could be two things...like what you said it was, the switch thing when you click your handbrake...but also more importantly...it could be your brake fluid...check the level of it...hope that helps...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I thought the handbrake system was run by a cable, not a by the brake fluid, like the rest of the brake system. I'm pretty sure cuz when I spun out and burst my brake lines, I was leaking fluid but my handbrake still worked okay. :-\

·
Registered
453 Posts
i know the handgrake doesn't run off the brake fluid...i am saying that the light also comes on when there is low brake fluid...my old car did it...same problem...the handbrake light was coming on and i took it to a friend (mechanic)...he said that most cars have that warning when the car is low on brake fluid...so he added more brake fluid and...tada...no more light...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Oil leaks! Where?

Oil leaks (or, in your case, maybe brake fluid leaks) are very difficult to isolate.

If I were you, I would take the car somewhere that does underbody cleaning (steam and detergent). Tell them that you are trying to find a leak, have them thoroughly clean the car from underneath and then, while the car is still suspended or over a pit, try to descern the source of the leak while the underbody is clean.

I must warn you, it ain't easy (the drip is often far from the source) and it sure as hell is messy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Cheers i sorted the brake light, the brake fluid thing worked a treat and i think ive got the oil leak sorted, just have to wait and see
thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts