Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oil drain plug won't unscrew. I need to replace the whole pan. I have a 2002 G20 and I wanted to know if there were any other nissan/infiniti models/years that would have a similar oil pan.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
How can it not unscrew? Even if it was stripped you should be able to remove it.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Vice grips. If your going to end up replacing the plug anyway snap some vice grips on it and make that sucker come off!

Mike

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
breaker bar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The drain plug will rotate, but it wont come out. It just continues to rotate and never moves in or out of the pan.

·
I Gots More NISMO Then U!
2,913 Posts
It is posible for both threads to be strip out for the plug just to free spin, if its doing that then it should be leaking? Who did your last oil change??????

As to your question im 99% sure a 2.0L 200sx and Sentra oil pan will also fit. Any new factory oil pan will come with the drain plug. Price it out at Infiniti then price it out at Nissan??????? Depends how fast you need it theres also.....................

http://www.infinitipartsusa.com/g20.html

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Here's how to get the drain plug out.

Take a flat head screwdriver and work it between the drain plug head and the pan. If it is a small gap, use a paint scraper first. While exerting pressure (like you are trying to pry it off), start to unscrew the drain bolt. As long as you apply pressure while unscrewing it should come out.
Once out you can use an aftermarket drain plug designed for stripped holes. Some recut a larger thread, others use a bolt and rubber seal, that expands while it is tightened. Just go to your local auto parts store and take the old drain plug with you. They will know what to give you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going to try and get the oil pan off a car that someone was parting out. So, then I wouldn't have to pay full price for a new part. I saw that someone on sr20 forum was parting out a 200sx and thought i could get a pan from them. The 200sx is older, but I know a lot of the nissan/infiniti cars have interchangeable parts. So i was going to see what models/years I could search for.

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
do what jjacob suggested unless you like wasting time/energy/effort/money.. heheh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts