Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I wanna get rid of my antenna and since Im planning to paint the car soon Im gonna shave it and fill the hole in. I want to put my antenna on my roof, kinda like a passat or a WV beetle... I was wondering what type of plug is it that is found on the motor end assembly of the antenna. Is it similar to the one that is found in the back of the radio? and what about the AM antenna? is that built into the regular antenna mast or what?

·
Registered
430 Posts
a bubble type antena would work for you ive seen some thattl do 25- 300 mhz recieve and i dont think youll be transmitting. but just take the coax from it and solder on a pl259 conector cuz the antena has a so239 conector on it. its mag mounted i think.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
k, so I can use that type of connection with an adapter....Now I was looking at the FSM and there is a picture of some box over by the headliner, I'll try to post it up later, but I was wondering if this is where the plug is found at?

·
Registered
430 Posts
the pl259 and so239 are the same thing male female. im not sure if thats what your asking. but both can be found at radio shack. the anten i was talking about is a cb/ham scanner antena and will go up to 1000 mhz from 25. but can be wired in to use on car stero radio systems and are quite hidden.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
i think fm is hooked to both the power antenna, and the glass antenna. i wired a switch to my power antenna so i can keep it down constantly. i never have it up, and get perfect FM reception.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey do all g20's come with that window antenna? if so then I'll just shave the other one and not worry about putting a new one in....

·
p10 guru
2,908 Posts
my 95 G didn't work well without the stock antenna mast (broke it off on a tree branch).

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the links, I think I got a pretty good idea what Im going to do. Good looking out peeps :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts