Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long have I held this to myself, only on occasion had I shared it with those close to me. Its hurt me ever since I can remember but now its personal, because it also hurts my wallet. It had been one small problem, now its like its being rubbed in my face on purpose.

Speed Channel. WRC. Nascar.

Ok. You killed WRC rally a few years back, I HATED you for that but I understood, WRC wasnt fairing well, teams and manufacturers were getting out of the sport due to high costs etc. Simple business practices to kill something that wasnt bringin in cash.

Then the US community screamed in protest, you gave us a glimpse of it on Speed Report. Im sorry, I dont happen to watch that as it seems to be staffed by 2 talking heads that know about as much about cars as I do about baking.

Well with this nice void they surely must fill it with something. NASCAR, the racing for those who dont understand racing. PERFECT.

Friday nights are my nights. I no longer go to dumbass clubs or bars and waste my money on shitty American $8 beers. I invite people over, turn on the tube, crack open 8% brews and enjoy. But what is this? YES! NASSHIT is on from 3pm to 1am on friday nights. OH JOLLY GEE!!! JUST WHAT I DONT FUCKING WANT.

So i resort to doing other activities. LIKE GOING TO FUCKING SLEEP, OR BEATING MY DOG.

Then came Nascar TRUCK series, does anything really have to be mentioned here? Please you idiots make yourselves look like idiots.

Saturday morning should bring auto programming, it did, for a beautiful 4 hours. Now? Yup, down to 2 hours(mostly truck shows) and more NASCAR filler.

Guess what i just saw? Yup Nascar race day! What were they showing? The vehicle that DRIES THE FUCKING TRACK 2 FUCKING DAYS BEFORE THE RACE!!!

WHY?!?!?!??!?!

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK. NO ONE GIVES A FUCK WHAT THESE MORONS WERE DISCUSSING DURING THIS APPARENT NEED TO DRY A TRACK. HOW COME F1(yes with turns) CAN RUN IN A DOWNPOUR?! AT THE SAME SPEED!!

Moving on.

Thursday night. 8pm. Overhaulin on Discovery Channel(Chip Foose is the man, btw). Afterwards, since i wont watch how those hicks from NY build another american chopper I flip to Speed.

WHATS ON?!??! YES!!! NASCAR DRIVERS PLAYING GOLF!

WHAT. THE. FUCK?!?!??!?!

Ultimate gay motorsports meets ultimate gay sorta-sports!

GIVE ME SCCA, GIVE ME TUNER TRANSFORMATION, GIVE ME THAT SHOW WHERE TEAMS COMPETE IN PONTIAC SOLSTICES WITH THE DOUCHE EX-RACER, GIVE ME ENGINE BUILDS.

THIS BULLSHIT IS COSTING ME $98 a month. Ive had enough.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
932 Posts
yeah i dont even bother to watch the speed channel anymore. where is car crazy, why dont they show 101 cars you must drive anymore. i hate nascar and cant stand how it has saturated the speed channel.

·
Registered
20,867 Posts
speedvision > speed channel. Stupid Fox

Speedvision showed BTCC. That is the whole reason I'm here today. Volvo wouldn't sell a manual gearbox s40, Honda doesn't have a euro accord here, vauxhall doesn't exist, and I prefered a primera over the mondeo although I want one of those too but not a converted contour/mystique, only a real st200.

2,438 Posts
dude i don't blame you, most of my favorite car shows got canceled or are just re-runs. i really only watch the shop shows on spike on sunday anymore. i wish they had a show dedicated to import sport compact cars. enough of this whose engine is bigger, like the 8.xL engines they do on horsepower tv. you look at that engine, and you need to get more gas.

</rant>

·
looking for a can opener
2,399 Posts
i left when fia left
and I can't wake up on sunday at 7:30am for F1
or watch the rerun on fri at 11pm (which is the only time its aired) b

·
Registered
932 Posts
the situation suxx. but as long as retarded midwestern hicks give nascar all the ratings it gets i dont see things changing. i would like to see things like the jgtc and formula nippon shown. and yes a dedicated import performance show whould be great. preferably nissan.:naughty:

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
i watch spike now for my car stuff, even tho the selection is nill anmore, but i enjoy watching gearz, & ex 4x4

·
Custom title !!!!!yay
2,458 Posts
AMEN, i was gonna write to speed about the WRC stuff, i was raised on one of the mountains that the european championship was. sick stuff. thats why my dream car is a sti, g20 is a dream car i can afford , but anyway, beside wrc there is other sorts of rally racing, more F1!!!!!!, make some nice show that dont include tow trucks or betting money on a quarter mile runs. let there be turning both ways on speed channel

·
I'm Better Than Zohaib
1,024 Posts
SCCA and stuff like that is on ONLY durring the middle of the day arround noon and even then... only sometimes. but i couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
777 Posts
All the shows are going down the drain. Trucks replaced Stacy David with a roid freak and a guy that likes to talk, then dropped the roid freak, then redid everything Stacy David did on the show.. New Trucks show = Fail. Gearz= Badass with Stacy David. Muscle cars was cool when Lou Santiago was on there, now, replaced him with 2 more douchebags that like to talk and are more into looks than performance. Horse Power was cool when chuck was on there, even tried to do the import thing, but with a riced out honda.. took him off and the show went ford with redneck racing sports. Extreme 4x4 is still cool, Jesse is greatness.

I agree with ChickenWing. Speed Channel sucks. Speedvision was the shit. TruckU has 2 more douchebags on there, so i dont watch that.. Street tuner challenge was badass, just hated the 10 minutes of each car then 15 of car show. nopi tunervision was cool, needed more racing.. dont even watch speed anymore except for pinks, whenever its on and im not working. theres more to say, but i have to get ready for work now... end my rant.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i do whatch "fast lane" or whatevr....the game show in were u have to pick the closet 1/4 et
yea i like that one. the guy is a lot less douche a lot more funny.

pinks all out > pinks. this roid head gets quickly annoying.

the whole getting car lenghts shit is gay tho. if you have a slower car, u simply lose! you dont get a sticker for being 2nd best.

·
Registered
932 Posts
yea i like that one. the guy is a lot less douche a lot more funny.

pinks all out > pinks. this roid head gets quickly annoying.

the whole getting car lenghts shit is gay tho. if you have a slower car, u simply lose! you dont get a sticker for being 2nd best.
i agree with you 100 percent on that 1.

·
Registered
859 Posts
nascar is the reason i wont watch the speed channel or fox when ever they put nascar on there F...nascar no F.......speedschannel

1 - 20 of 41 Posts