Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
work?

Would keeping the G running nice and cool be achieved by upgrading to a better, atermarket rediator and some fans?????

I have been following the overheating thread and I am suspecting there is something going on (my car starts getting to the upper heat levels when driving with the A/C at #4 during the day).

Would the upgrade be beneficial if I decide to drop a VVL or go turbo?

What do you folks think?!?!?!

·
Prince of Joy
4,614 Posts
The radiator isnt the issue so much as the fans. I wouldnt go aftermarket, though, I would recommend you try to fit the P11 fans in. They move a sick amount of air and will blow any aftermarket fan out of the water (no pun intended). +1 on the Water Wetter. Try running a 60/40 or 70/30 water/coolant mix rather than a 50/50 mix as well.

- Greg -

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
Yeah the fans and since this is PHX, go 100% water plus half a bottle of watter wetter. No need to use antifreeze since water will always be 10-20 degress cooler then a 50/50 mix.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MrFancypants said:
I would recommend you try to fit the P11 fans in. They move a sick amount of air and will blow any aftermarket fan out of the water (no pun intended).

- Greg -
Has anyone here shoehorned the P11 fans into a P10?!?!?!?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know this may be a bit over the top,

But in the years I owned F-bodies, I found that heat extracting hoods came back; tuners like Motion and Suncoast started making them again.... would a custom hood with heat extractors ("jobloed" is the term I think) where the hot air is pulled out from the engine compartment a the trailing edge of the hood at the windshield because the hood has a 2-3 in. space there open to the engine bay????

Just a thought... cooler is better here in AZ....

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
if your getting hot and its not your thermostat or water pump causing the issue, you might want to yank your radiator and flush it out. Ive seen cars get hot with clogged radiators. Even in PHX that radiator should keep the motor somewhat cool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, my 95 g20t started to run warmer in traffic with the a/c off and after flushing the radiator and replacing the t-stat I never had the issue again. Could always run the a/c on high also in extreme heat in phx. As long as the fans work properly they are not the issue.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Quick ?:

How often should the radiator be flushed?
(I assume that a 12 yr-old radiator could use one....)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Overheating

Hello,

I flushed my radiator every 3 years and had no problems. The correct water to coolant ratio is very important in hot climates (I found that out living in Phx). I used a 60/40 mix, most say to use 50/50. I have a coworker right now who is having this same issue on a 94g20 and even after having a mechanic flush and replace the tstat it still heats up on the freeway. I suspect a partially clogged radiator since she did not flush at all since owning the car (bad move)! Good Luck!

Matt

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Probably every few years?

It seems like I've been in there for one thing or another (normally the damn thermostat) every couple years and I'll flush the system anytime I have it opened up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts