Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to my new facebook friend Ryan (2000 G-Twenty-T) and heres what he told me...
[19:44] 2000 G-Twenty-T: that meet taught me a lot
[19:44] 2000 G-Twenty-T: cause there are a few of them that know a lot
[19:44] ILikeMyRiceSpicy: so its more than just a bunch of guys hanging out with their shirts off eating bbq
[19:44] 2000 G-Twenty-T: and really just going there makes you feel more comfortabe about doign something you dont know a lot about on your car
[19:44] 2000 G-Twenty-T: haha for sure
[19:44] 2000 G-Twenty-T: you learn a lot, and you work on peoples cars
[19:44] 2000 G-Twenty-T: its awesome

So, what kinda stuff do you do? I'm DYING to do stuff with my car, i just lack the experience / tools / and guidance to do things. I recently took off my door panel to replace my mirror and replaced my corner lens --- those were the biggest accomplishments ever.

Anywho, let me know :)

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
haha, well, just for reference, if you want to check out the whole thread about the last wrench meet, here it is:
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48724&page=1&pp=40&highlight=wrench+meet

were talking about some of these guys have done full engine swaps, and have been working on cars for years.

of course, thats a wrench meet. the first meet i went to in sacto we just played mini golf, raced gokarts, and ate at In n Out. hell, martin (mautai) drove his supercharged Toyota Previa to the meet :p

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
A mountain run/cruise is always good...

>_>

<_<

·
Registered
233 Posts
When I had my Integra, the Southern California Team-Integra contingent had meets where they would all meet up every so often and install, say, springs/shocks or intakes or audio gear.

Do we have anything like that?

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
After I showed up an hour late Colin (turbobrk) and I stood in the parking lot @ Applebees and chopped it up. :cheeky: D

·
no rainguard clips...FML
4,132 Posts
JustAnotherG20 said:
When I had my Integra, the Southern California Team-Integra contingent had meets where they would all meet up every so often and install, say, springs/shocks or intakes or audio gear.

Do we have anything like that?
nothing official, but who says we cant? :p

who wants to help good ol jason swap in some stock springs ;) should only take an hour or two but...company helps :smile:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to lower my car... but im scared that i'll ruin everything and cram 11 cookies into the VCR.

It would be nice if i could watch some people / have people around when if i ever attempt it myself.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
ILikeMyRiceSpicy said:
It would be nice if i could watch some people / have people around when if i ever attempt it myself.
That with your signature below makes me feel awkward.

Hahaha...

:naughty:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
But really, I know San Jose has a g20 crew, but I've only met two of them, Mike and Phil, and a few other bay area g20 owners and gone for a couple mountain runs, but yeah, like junknstuff said, iono if there's anything official but something can always happen if people wanna set it up.

But meh, I'm always down for a mountain run, g20 or not.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
For the sake of adding another post to my post count, I'll respond with a yes in hopes of more potential posting.

:teeth:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, let me know if theres anything going on in the bay. I go between San Luis Obispo for school and san fran for family.... so any advance heads up would be nice :p

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
jason - im not sure when youre looking at putting your old springs back in, but if you can wait until spring reak at the next wrench meet, we can do yours and lawrences suspensions =)

as for meets, it depends on where it is kinda for what you do. as i said, we played mini golf and go karts one time, then we installed a ton of stuff the next. other times we stood around, talked about cars (or listened :p) and then went and ate dinner and talkd about everything else in the world there is to talk about.
but lawrence, i know what you mean on not wanting to screw it up, but i put a lot of trust in some of the guys to show me what im doing, and i havent seen anything get screwed up yet =)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Coolness. I'd be down. :cool:

It's just that the problem is always getting someone to set these things up.

Disclaimer: JAG is utterly incapable of planning any sort of event.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
the east coast meets are more like getting fed up and partying we help eachother and swap parts to. meets are about chillin with people with simulr interest and just haveing a good time and maybe share ideas.

·
*BANNED FROM G20.NET*
4,911 Posts
from what Ive read, they have Ice cream trucks come through. Thats why Im thinking about going to the next one :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts