Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
older trans into a turbo 00-02p11

is it difficult, i know there not as strong but i would have it beefed up. The gearing for turbo charged cars is just ridiculously short..

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sure you can do it but I don't think a B13 trans will work. You need a B14 trans that has the two sets of holes where the clutch cable bracket mounts to. Or you could even drill and tap a second set of holes on the B13 trans. This is needed in order to mount the hydraulic slave cylinder. You would also need the bushing at the bottom of the clutch arm out of the P11 trans. The hydraulic arm has a narrower bottom and would be loose in a B13 trans. Basically do the reverse of my post on sr20fourm, http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=97257 .

I really wouldn't recommend going back to a B13/B14 trans, there are major differences internally that make the B15/P11 a much better choice for high torque applications.

·
Registered
304 Posts
rooster said:
is it difficult, i know there not as strong but i would have it beefed up. The gearing for turbo charged cars is just ridiculously short..
The gearing is not that different between the transmissions and in my opinion does not justify giving up the strength of the B15/P11. They share the same final drive but the B13/B14 does offer a very very slightly longer 1st & 2nd gear. This gearing difference could easily be made up using a taller tire. If you are having traction issues, learn to control your right foot or look at a wider, stickier tire.

Thanks to NissanSpeed01 from www.sr20forum.com for that spreadsheet.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my biggest problem with grip is in 1st and 2nd gear the other gears are fine...u think maybe a 225/45/17 would be better?

·
Registered
304 Posts
rooster said:
my biggest problem with grip is in 1st and 2nd gear the other gears are fine...u think maybe a 225/45/17 would be better?
I would definitely try a larger tire size before giving up the strength of the P11 trans.

No matter what, you are not going to have traction in 1st or 2nd gear with 300whp in a FWD car, especially with a GT28RS. You don't go fast by flooring it, it is all about pedal modulation and keeping the tires right on the edge of traction/spinning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts