Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone do this? i searched, but didn't find anything. all i want is to have the one touch feature only on the driver's side controls for all four windows.

·
Registered
20,844 Posts
seneb said:
anyone do this? i searched, but didn't find anything.
Search other places beside G20.net. I don't think the concept of it would be any different than other cars. It seams to me like VW or BMW owners would do somthing like this so check vwvortex.com or bimmerforums.com for a start.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Wouldn't this just be rewiring trick? Or some kinda circuit work of some kind?

·
Registered
20,844 Posts
FF Drifter said:
Wouldn't this just be rewiring trick? Or some kinda circuit work of some kind?
I think so. I don't know if the windows need sensors to tell when it is down. If not, ie. it is based on some electrical thing that is inherrant in the design, then it would be easy enough to replace the three switches with driver switches.

On the P10 it would be harder I think. I don't think the door switch for the driver matches those in the center. I don't know. That is why I recomended searching. Maybe I'll do that in the next couple days.

·
ʎןןnɟ˙˙ǝdo&#6
2,773 Posts
the thing i'd have to think about, and i dont know if its the same with p11s, is since the back windows dont go all the way down, if that would mess up with the sensoring. im not totally sure and im retarded so just ignore me:confused:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think you'll need to get new switches (among other things) for the doors/front control panel.
The driver's side switch has two modes for moving the window down. If you have played with the switch alot, you'll notice if you push the button down just a little bit you can control where the window stops. If you push it down more, you'll hear a slight click, which makes the window go all the way down with just one touch. None of the other switches have this, so in turn you'll need to find those dual-mode switches to do it. I know this is true on P10's, duno about P11's. Since switches aren't really mainstream parts, don't be surprised if you have to pay a pretty penny for them (just a guess).

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Redlight said:
I think you'll need to get new switches (among other things) for the doors/front control panel.
The driver's side switch has two modes for moving the window down. If you have played with the switch alot, you'll notice if you push the button down just a little bit you can control where the window stops. If you push it down more, you'll hear a slight click, which makes the window go all the way down with just one touch. None of the other switches have this, so in turn you'll need to find those dual-mode switches to do it. I know this is true on P10's, duno about P11's. Since switches aren't really mainstream parts, don't be surprised if you have to pay a pretty penny for them (just a guess).
So you're saying the driver's side is already one-touch? I never noticed that, and I don't have my car right now so I can test it. In that case, can we just change all the switches in the car to match the driver's side...or is it not that simple?

·
Registered
20,844 Posts
FF Drifter said:
So you're saying the driver's side is already one-touch?
Yes it is. Just pull all the way back and it will go all the way down. Then you will here this little click where it turns off. How this works it don't know. That is why I am not jumping to a conclusion about how to retrofit the rest of the windows.

FF Drifter said:
In that case, can we just change all the switches in the car to match the driver's side...or is it not that simple?
May be that simple except that drivers switch is a different shape as the others. Also the stopping mechanism...don't know

Redlight said:
Since switches aren't really mainstream parts, don't be surprised if you have to pay a pretty penny for them (just a guess).
I would not be suprised if the dealer said $40 a piece. I'll ask.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts