Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

181 - 200 of 218 Posts

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
got the whole brake thing situated///

post #176 with the pic shows how ill be doing it...

removed all the ABS lines out , took the ABS MC off.

prepped/ & swaped the res fro mthe p10 MC to the altima MC since mine was in better condition & the altima has the fluid sensor connector facing the other way..

did some more body work on the car...

·
Registered
12,424 Posts
FYI that diagram you posted is for diagonal split brakes for drum brakes. You do not want to do that for discs all the way around.

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
hmm.....

its the same way the maximas is & it has 4 wheel disc...

unless the primary line / secondary line part in the pic is what you mean....

the MC has 2 front ports offset, & 2 rear offset. whic is the same as the maximas....(compatible part numbers)

so i guess phsyically it will look the same but not operate the same :dontknow:/ input is wanted

·
Registered
12,424 Posts
Ok so I was incorrect thinking p10 is F/R biased. Now I'm not sure why I thought that.

I changed mine to F/R bias for performance and even brake distribution that way if you have one front break boil a little or have some air in it still, the pressure side to side per axle is the se and breaking force is equalized. Corner to corner of you have one with a little air in it or it boils a pinch then you have brake steer (like tq steer but with brakes) an its really uneven.

Again peformance vs safety.

The z32 master has the delay valve built in so I just took off of there as the rear then T off to split the lines. And same for front

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
after fucking around with a chinese flare tool....which sucked / slipped/ gave crooked flare since the bars wouldnt stay parallel

picked this up from NAPA (PN 161A)

champherd the inside a tad, as well as the outside... flared & boom! perfect flare first time....

its a beatiful thing having the right tool for the job...

if you need to reflare any brake lines...save your money & buy this....its $33 same as a kit...but 1000% better...

only draw back...is its only 3/16 or 4.7mm thought that is what are brake lines (and most cars are)

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #192 (Edited)
so i have been busy latley.

rear suspension getting ready to go in, all new OEM HW.

got the rear end all situated. waiting on my Endlinks to install the rear sway & do final tightening

Shout out to JAvier who made me these rear arms.

hopefully when i go to get it aligned, i have a competent person who doesnt mind me walking him through how to adjust, since its different than the OEM setup

Got my 20v VC all prepped, primed & then painted it.

first stage of shaving the plug cover plate.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
That looks crazy fun.

·
Registered
12,424 Posts
I'm having flashbacks and PTSD from when I did lol this to snickers

Good luck. Colin has all the answers. And I only have some or the other ones.

·
Questioning Answers
6,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
ABS wires terminate at:

Battery
alternator
relay box
SMJ

from SMJ they go to the ABS C/U and a few other places
yeah i pulled the ABS control unit from the passenger foot well last night, & was like. ok good this harness should go up around the dash area.....NOPE!

goes along pass side, then across middle of the floor....

so yeah p10 no has the carpet pulled up halfway.

I have all the ABS wires from the engine bay sitting in the wheel well now where they go into the firewall..unfortunatley that area is like a molded lump of rubber. so i am going to now work from the inside, & then when i have the inside harnes pulled up until it connect to the SMJC ill decide which end of the wire to cut to be able to pull the other side out of the molded rubber. (probally cut the engint side & pull through the interior. )

I am probally just going to cut the rear wheel sensors off where i can get to them & then cut them from the outside as well...i dont mind leaving a few inches/to a foot of wiring it...(maybe we will see)

However after all this. i though to myself...damn i should have just left SOME of the wire & 1 connector & used it for my Oil pressure, coolant temp & other things i may add, but decided to just put like 4-5 new wires & have them terminate in the bay so i can hook up new stuff if i need it

181 - 200 of 218 Posts