Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why? I wanted more. :teeth: Motor is in great shape, so all it needed was a hone. Based on others experiences it was a much safer and BETTER bet to use a torque plate vs without. I would like to say THANK YOU to those that have hooked me up with awesome deals!

NISTUN'ed, GTI-R'ed, VVL'ed, RPF1'ed

5/10/2012

2871'd, BBK'd

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VE block getting some tender massaging Mike! So what exactly have you picked up since I last saw you??

Bigger bore will be next build, once I pull the current VE out. I pussied out this time. :shhh:

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SOrry yall, totally missed the thread. I think i have more pictures shoved away somewhere. But I basically shoved DET internals into the VE with SR16VE cams. Car is NA for now during breakin period, block is already drilled for oil drain. Ill probably slap on that T28 this weekend and hope for hte best.

Car feels totally different NA, i dont even know if the cams are engaging or not :-\ I have it both switching on/off at 5.5k.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Looks nice ! Do I see a Koyo R1977 ? What is that thing below the airfilter ?

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i wish i knew more about internals
just break it open and bam instant knowledge! lol na but really, its not too hard if you have the tools and the FSM on your side. Although I do admit, that i didnt get to measure all tolerances, I was just hoping for the best.

Looks nice ! Do I see a Koyo R1977 ? What is that thing below the airfilter ?
yupp yupp koyo and A spal, so far so good.... haha ignore that crap below the air filter. I needed to box in the connection to the battery, and i didnt want to remove the stock plug. Ill clean that up later :smile:

Frankenstein motor! Good work man that's dope
engine bay looks good dude
more pics aaaaand a video of you rev'in tha fawk out of it....:thumbsup:
Looks great...need moarrrr picssss
this is my new favorite p11, more pics and details please
subscribed
thanks guys! this forum has been a tremendous support. It only has like 50 miles on it, but ive been semi mean to it already. I believe a harsh break in will provide a good seal later on. Here's to hoping for the best! More pix and vids once i get this thing tuned, it sounds like a stock de at the moment.

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
is it just me or is it the tune, but cold warm up idle is at like 2.5k. And after adjusting hte IACV when warmed up, it idles at ~1k. Any trick to get it to idle lower?

·
Boosted & Stanced
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
From VTEC to Turbo VTEC. So i guess the cams were switching over, i can totally hear the solenoids clicking. Especially when the exhaust clicks over during idle, it would bog pretty bad. Im guessing the stock exhaust setup was just restricting the VE way too much to give it that noticeable kick/noise. Well problem solved, boost solves everything!

A lot of things to tidy up still.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
We need more and better pics...

1 - 20 of 111 Posts