Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm new to the forum and i'm having probs with my p10. about 4-5 months ago i got a bb swap done on my car and from the start my temp gauge was acting funny. i figured it was the radiator but i had a lot of other expenses so i didn't change it out for a new one until 2 months ago. however, after i changed it my temp gauge was still reading hot for some reason. i currently only have one fan mounted on my radiator which is wired to a relay to trigger the fan to start with the ignition.. could that be the prob? or is it possibly something more serious? i'm running stock boost, there's no cloudiness in the coolant and the engine is supposed to have between 30-40k miles on it. i searched the forum for similar overheating problems but i'm wondering if 1 fan is enough to cool the engine to begin with

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I had issues with overheating for a few days, then i was told to look at the thermostat...they go bad regularly, and prevent your engine from receiving proper circulation. A new one costs like 10$.
-Rocky

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
popthedwarf said:
I had issues with overheating for a few days, then i was told to look at the thermostat...they go bad regularly, and prevent your engine from receiving proper circulation. A new one costs like 10$.
-Rocky
Hey Rocky,

how is your overheating problem doing? Remove the thermostat... is your overheating problem gone?

·
Registered
701 Posts
1 fan should be enough to cool the engine. The fan is usually used only when you stop and let the engine idle. When you stop there is no airflow through the radiator so when the engine gets hot the fans turn on to cool. When they did the swap did they swap the temperature sender of your old engine into the new one? MAybe the reading is wrong cause of that.

Luppo

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
odin said:
1 fan should be enough to cool the engine. The fan is usually used only when you stop and let the engine idle. When you stop there is no airflow through the radiator so when the engine gets hot the fans turn on to cool. When they did the swap did they swap the temperature sender of your old engine into the new one? MAybe the reading is wrong cause of that.

Luppo
thanks, i read somewhere about that... i'm not sure if he did or he didn't but that's a good place to start

·
Registered
701 Posts
tampa_gdub said:
thanks, i read somewhere about that... i'm not sure if he did or he didn't but that's a good place to start
It is worth checking indeed, even a new one doesn't cost that much if i'm right.

Luppo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts