Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my p10 is overheating and now the fans aren't coming on. I followed a thread on here while installing my mishimoto fans and hooked the blue and green wires to black and blue to ground. Usually I would think that black would be ground but I just followed these instructions and left yellow out. On Silvia.net they said that on g20 fans the yellow is also ground and that the fans are like Altima fans. So now I'm completely confused. Can anybody clear this up and tell me what wire goes to what? By the way the thermostat is working and heater is blowing hot air. I swapped in a new temp sensor and I swapped my other temp sender from my old sr to the new one cus I read that jdm and usdm are different. Please help

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've blown 2 30a radiator fuses now. I'm switching in a new radiator fan relay but can someone please tell me the wiring for my fan install I have blue and green to blue and black to black. And yellow is not connected to anything. The fsm I have must be wrong part of 93 because it doesn't even show a yellow wire in the diagram

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I think I blew the relays so I'm going wrecking yard shopping. I contacted Infiniti and also hot wired my old fans and figured that out yet they still won't turn on. Inbox cleared. My problem now is when I have it at operating temp it idles at like 2k and my base idle if I try and get it to 800 idles erratically bouncing up and down. So it's either way too high or wants to die. Anybody want to take a guess?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
93 jdm de was an auto obd2 but i have a 5spd b15 tranny on it now. Gspec light weight crank pulley and gspec water pump pulleyEverything else is stock new gaskets bearings pinston rings ect. I'm running jwt s3 cams with supertech valves and titanium retainers. I'm running obd1 with nismotronic rt with innovate wideband set up. It's reading 11-12 on my wideband. For some reason I'm having issues with the real time dispay. So I'm trying to figure that out. The slim fans are mishimoto with an all aluminum mishimoto radiator.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok well I'm probably talking to myself here but, I just used a hot wire from the battery for the fans and they both work. What am I'm doing wrong that is making the fans not come on. I tested them from thr pigtails that i used from my old fans. Am I supposed to leave out the yellow wire that did nothing when I tested the old fans? Do I have to put another fuse before the harness connection? I'm stumped

·
Super Moderator
15,333 Posts
Ok. It can't be this difficult. I don't want to drag out the FSM on my phone. Turn on the car and turn on the AC then use a meter to find the AC fan positive then the negative. With that rules out go from there.

Also make sure your fans are ON I the ECU.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rules out what? I don't understand what ruling out either of those accomplishes. And in my Ecu like I said I can't figure out why it won't show me any real time data. There is no option either to instantly turn on my fans

·
Registered
23 Posts
sounds like positive andnegative are being wired together and that's blowing the fuses. Dane is saying rule out or rather figure out which wire is hot and which is ground. I suggest a multimeter or test light at this point. with a test light ground it to the chassis or battery and find your wires that are hot(power) then connect it to the positive batt terminal and verify your ground. Connect the ground first then use your multimeter to see what kinda power rating your pulling in with each of the (im assuming both left over wires are hot) configurations of wires. you"ll prolly have the wiring issueresolved witht the test light unless it is ECU related. is the ecu a stock obd1 ? also google and youtube the tuning hardware/software your using for some how to videos and im sure someone will address some of the issues you may come across as well as give you info on tuning with it.

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
IM just throwing this out their. Mishimoto fans are complete hourse shit.
they are shit made in China product. I have seen more problems with their products than anything.
I say this because I do aftermarket performance work professionally and never recommend their stuff however warning people they still get cheep and the product continues to go to shit.

Their are plenty of better fans on the market however compacts like spall and so on also sell universal thermostatic switch and relay kits.

You should be able to get a spec on the resistance of your fan motor higher resistance the higher the draw of amps.
Some after market fans will intact blow fuses when they are initially switched on

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.