Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the oxides of nitrous are really corrosive .. are our engines affected by this due to residue left over in the engine after using nitrous ? is that one of the reasons engine life is decreased due to nitrous use?
thank you
casual

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohh i thought the purger system was for show i was racing against a few cars with nos in them and they would purge at the light like a bull as if taunting me ...

its so funny to be racing a guy in a crx thats fst as hell and has nitrous and he purges it to show off then off the line you bounce on him but then he uses the nos and all he does is get maybe a inch or so ahaed they feel so bad lol but i try to tell em dont understimate the g stock or not its bad !!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
In a way, it's kind of a show thing; like the guys who'll unnecessarily downshift to set off their turbo's blowoff valves, or the guys who'll flaunt their carbon fiber hoods. Perfomance in intent, but with some show involved.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why did you originally say get a purger sys ? cuz i was wondering how that would decrease oxide residue in the engine since thats the major corrosive in nos
casual

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
What a purger system? I have never heard of it what's the difference between that and a normal nos system.(fogger)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Purging gets rid of the extra nitrous in a system, any residue and such. I'm not completely sure how it works, but from what I hear from the Mustang/Nova guys, it "pushes the nitrous out of the system."

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By purging your nitrous system just before a race you clear the lines of vapor and ensure that pure liquid nitrous is delivered as soon as the kit activates
now i know why that crx was purgin at the line before racing me i thought he was only showing off
ohh and ps when getting the kit make sure you get a fuel pressure shut off switch

If it's in your budget, use a purge valve. This will insure that you get the proper mix of nitrous and fuel the first instant you hit the activate button When the nitrous comes out of the bottle and sits in the line it changes state from liquid to gas and is not very effective. If you don't use a purge it won’t hurt the motor because it's a fuel-rich condition; but it will hurt performance. I notice quite a difference in 60ft. times with and without purging.
here is alink with a good overview
on nitrous forced induction
llink

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
really i'm not too crazy about so many links but a few months ago i figured damn such a wide net we minus well try to link it together .. u know it makes stuff so much easier like if i search for you and you search for me and we put it all together it really helps u find something i didnt and vice versa
the only reason i put alot of pictures on stuff is cuz it kind of makes it clearer for me to see it i like it when people do it too cuz it just makes what they are describing so easy to comprehend since we are seeing it..
anyway i'm about to start babbling
later
casual:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts