Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys if anyone might have had the same issue with a 2000 A/T G20 please chime in with any tips. First, I'm the original owner of this car and never had this code before except when the air intake hose developed a crack a year ago. Duct taped it and engine light went off. Got a new after market boot installed and after a week or 2 engine light came on. Mechanic did the install so it's tight. No new vacuum leaks detected. Autozone scan showed MAF sensor is likely the problem. But I have no idle problems or any other detectable problems. Idle is at factory 700. Mechanic cleaned MAF sensor today. SES light did not go out after cleaning. Now I have to think should I buy a new MAF sensor with zero symptoms. By the way, the aftermarket air intake hose was cheap and kind of thin rubber compared to oem. Maybe I shoulda got the oem part. Noticed a mild pinging also when accelerating at times but no codes show up. Everything under hood is original also. Amazing reliability. Yeah changed valve cover gasket before, belts, hoses, batteries, etc. Even most bulbs are original 20 year old.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had this problem with a ranger. We had duct taped the air intake hose as a few months ago with shoe glue to seal the rip. Since it's a throwaway, i just ordered a cheap intake hose from Ebay and made sure the breather tube was clear, and hoses were clamped down tight. No problems yet I'm definitely no mechanic, just a weekend warrior since I bought my 99 g20 a few years ago.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts