Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P10 Armrest Mod...

*ooh man I'm kinda drunk right now an writing this so sorry bout the coherency. Maybe I'm should wait till manana but ah well. :nervous:

Coming from an RX7, I really hated the huge ass pillow armrest that came in my G20t. I decided to take the cover out today cause I it s pretty annoyingly in the way of the e-brake and stuff so I can't do drift action and crap hahaha. Yeah, so I took off the cover and dismantled the cover. I noticed that the bottom ottom comes off and it's a smaller armrest that's covered with learther or something and looks finifshed. The big ass pillow was just added on wirth twio screws. It really looks like the small armrest should be stock so I'm wondering if if the "t" model came with this huge ass pillow or if all P10's had it.

Maybe the JDM ones had the smaller armrest or maybe the 91-93. Does anyone know for sure? It makes a lot more sense to have the smaller armrest since you can grab the e-brake easier and you can actually see the window buttons on da center consiolle. If it came like smaller on the earlier P10's or JDM's, then I want to gert one from those cause they drilled two holes into them to put the big ass pillow.

so Anyway, I posted some pics of the before and after oon webshots: click the link in my sig and den click on P10 Armrest.:lol:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yah but the other 99% of the time ur not ebrakin a turn...where do u put ur arm? :)

And u got two ugly holes...:confused:

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I will take that pillow of your hands. I have a 93.5 and I am stuck in Miami traffic alot.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hah, thank God you guys could read that post. :D

So I'm guessing the 91-93's didn't have the pillow? Or which models did not have the armrest add on? I want to get a short one without the two holes...

I guess my arms are long cause they reach the smaller armrest just fine. Hey Poppy, you have a black interior right? I'll trade my console cover with you if it's the low one. The cover is mint so I'll do an even exchange if yours is clean also. :)

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Mike.Com said:
Hah, thank God you guys could read that post. :D

So I'm guessing the 91-93's didn't have the pillow? Or which models did not have the armrest add on? I want to get a short one without the two holes...

I guess my arms are long cause they reach the smaller armrest just fine. Hey Poppy, you have a black interior right? I'll trade my console cover with you if it's the low one. The cover is mint so I'll do an even exchange if yours is clean also. :)
I will take a pic ... and then you decide ... PS don't drink and drive because you might spill your drink since we have no cupholders ..lol

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A380Driver said:
Yah but the other 99% of the time ur not ebrakin a turn...where do u put ur arm? :)

And u got two ugly holes...:confused:
I just went for a nice drive on a twisty road. ;) I already found some benefits for the shorter armrest:

- My G is manual and it's much easier to shift now since my arm has no obstruction when shifting.

- It's good to know I can do a 180 degree turn if I need to. ;)

- I can reach the window and lock buttons a little easier.

- Where do I rest my arm when not shifting? Now I can put my arm in my girlfriend's lap since I can reach over now. ;)

I just gotta find one without the two holes. Hah, I guess I'm the only one that doesn't like the big pillow armrest. :nervous:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Great mod mike, me and my gf were just talking about how annoying that piece is. Plus the one i have is worn out. (tan leather) I am wondering if the piece under there is tan too. If so, I might do that mod. How hard is it to put the pillow back in if i dont like it

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tmak26b said:
Great mod mike, me and my gf were just talking about how annoying that piece is. Plus the one i have is worn out. (tan leather) I am wondering if the piece under there is tan too. If so, I might do that mod. How hard is it to put the pillow back in if i dont like it
I bet the piece under it is tan also. It really easy to find out anyway. Unscrew the hinge from the console, then take apart the cover. The screws are all obvious. Once you take off the bottom panel on the cover, you will see two screws going into the big pillow part. Take those out and then put it all back together without the pillow. The process is pretty obvious when you're doing it. The pillow part screws in and out.

The only problem with the smaller armrest is that Nissan drilled two holes through it to put the pillow part on. I think some P10's had the smaller armrest stock but no has said wich ones had them yet. Maybe you can exchange with someone that has a tan smaller armrest without the holes. Most people seem to like it. :-\

·
Registered
635 Posts
yeah the 91-93 come w/ the short armrest. I can see how that thing can get in the way with a manual transmission but its great for an auto. Another annoying thing about the pillow armrest is that huge thing is only on there w/ two small screws that need to tightened every once in a while.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
G-DSTNY said:
yeah the 91-93 come w/ the short armrest. I can see how that thing can get in the way with a manual transmission but its great for an auto...
Thanks for clearing that up! I guess it makes sense since most G20's are automatic. I thought I discovered this or something. :lol:

If anyone with a black small armrest wants to trade for a big armrest in mint condition, let me know! (Poppy?)

E-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
616 Posts
poppy_morenito said:

I will take a pic ... and then you decide ... PS don't drink and drive because you might spill your drink since we have no cupholders ..lol
I have cupholders!! Tee hee!

Mike.com: Looks really good, I think. If you can't find anyone to take the pillow off your hands, I'd love to buy it from you since my cream one's cracked. Sorry I have no trade...but let me know.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Both my 94 auto and 95 5-spd model have had the shorter armrests. however, i know someone with a 96 non-T 5-spd that has the pillow armrest (I believe) However he has the leather interior, and both of mine have been cloth, i wonder if that has anything to do with it as well?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Sorry slow on the pics dealing with a busted hose ... get you pics manana ,,,,

·
Registered
69 Posts
G-DSTNY said:
yeah the 91-93 come w/ the short armrest.

I've got a 92 and it came with the pillow thing.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
webplayerxvii said:
I have a 96 g20 non- t and i have no armrest at all what's up with that?
P10_G20_Kenny said:
I've got a 92 and it came with the pillow thing.
Yeah, I saw a 94 on eBay the had the short armrest.

I guess it was just some option at the dealer or something...:-\

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update: I went to a junkyard today and pulled an armrest cover from a '92 Stanza. The armrest is the same size as the P10 short armrest, but a little wider. I had to modify it a little to make it fit, but it worked out and looks perfect.

No more holes, no more big pillow. ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
On the subject of stanzas...i used to drive a 91 XE. its still sitting in my driveway, and have found thats its a great resource for stuff for the G20, from armrests (mentioned before) to interior mounting hardware (stereo installation) just in case you need those extra clips. i hadn't even thought about the stanzas armrest. I'm replacing my "pillow" today! (93 G20)

i have cupholders, but only one is large enough even for a soda can. the other is for...something:paranoid:

·
Registered
616 Posts
If ANYBODY has a nice poofy armrest in any color of leather that they want to sell, LET ME KNOW!!! Mine's all cracked and I want a new one!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts