Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this piece of crap was listed for just about anything with an sr. i know someone else posted a review of the same, i just wanted a second opportunity to shit on it.

first off, the hoses are too damn small to replace the stock rubber hoses, and the rubber hoses are too damn big for the pipe. so you have to either slice up their hoses to fit on the rubber, or just jam their hose into the stocks and clamp them up. garbage.

second, comes with a reducer and a straight coupler, when what you really need is 2 reducers. more garbage.

then comes the maf adapter. they sent me a metal one and a plastic one, i was like cool. except that it doesnt come with any friggen bolts so you'd have to source your own. luckily i was going to be using my pop charger with the ebay piping, so that isnt too big of a deal for me.

one surprise though, the filter doesnt look too bad. its actually a washable cotton piece and not a shoddy paper cone or steel mesh. thats where the good starts and ends.

i paid like $28 shipped i believe, not bad since i'll probably throw the filter and maf back on ebay. i would be pissed if i would have splurged for the $50-60 version of the SAME EXACT KIT, or even $70 like the previous bomz wai review.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
dekser said:
then comes the maf adapter. they sent me a metal one and a plastic one, i was like cool. except that it doesnt come with any friggen bolts so you'd have to source your own.
I don't think any kits, even the higher-end ones, include any bolts. There's no need when you can just use the existing bolts that attach the maf to the throttle-body.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the hoses though...that would definitely suck.

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
yeah that was us with the other review. we just did the jam and clamp method for the hoses, and the stupid reducer issue, we cut a ring of rubber off the stock intake tubing and put it around the maf and put the coupler over that. as for the bolts, we just kinda made shift with what we could find laying around. i think we actually only put 2 in in the end, but its plenty to hold it. overall thumbs down, but in the end, its not a big deal

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nelson said:
I don't think any kits, even the higher-end ones, include any bolts. There's no need when you can just use the existing bolts that attach the maf to the throttle-body.
eh..the maf doesnt attach to the tb, its the maf to the airbox. you can reuse the bolts, but they dont screw into the maf or the adapter, they just go through it. pop chargers dont require it because the bolts screw into them as they would the airbox.
Hamzer11 said:
I'll buy the filter if you want to sell it. It's the one all over ebay that says "BOMZ" on the chrome top.
$10 plus shipping and its all yours. i could drag it up with me when i go up to jersey this wednesday... but i hate having to explain things to airport security. pm me

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Nelson said:

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with the hoses though...that would definitely suck.
my weapon r dragon intake came with the bolts..also as mention in the first post my kit had similar issues with the hosing.. and the couplets that came with the intake were a bit too small. however even though my dragon intake was a short ram still gave me lots more pulling action on the freeway..maybe a solid 5hp...

guys also gotta remember its an ebay item for one , two it was a cheap intake .. less than 30$ compared to a solid aem or even my 150$ weapon r intake ...you get what you payfor right? - of course. also i bought a exedy stage 2 clutch on ebay and had some discrepencies about it as well point is you can never get a solid product from ebay ...maybe a shift knob and no def not a short throw , been there done that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i'm not complaining about the quality of the shoddy 30$ intake...but if you're gonna sell a kit thats specifically built for a specific car...at LEAST it could fit right. i wonder how many people with a 91-99 se-r or g20 bought it and had to deal with couplers not fitting. it would probably fit whatever years came with the larger maf, but you'd figure enough people would have complained that they'd know something wasnt right. i harrassed the seller and he's sending me the right coupler. i guess most people just deal with it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just finished installing one of these about 15 minutes ago. Ditto on the poorly fitting coupler. It's off to advance for a replacement. At least I knew about it beforehand and it wasn't surprised. Oh well, for the money it'll do...you get what you pay for right?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whoever checks out this post in the future, i just put an ebay intake on. the hoses and cupplers were too small, all you need to do is heat them up with a hair dryer or something and they fit perfectly..done and done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts