Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the code for the EGR valve on my CEL. Also have a downstream 02 sensor code. I had one for the knock sensor but i replaced it and now no more code for that one. My question is should i just go ahead and replace the EGR? The code went away and came back a couple of times and im not sure if it means the valve needs replaced. I was thinking about cleaning it, but it does look pretty old and rusty. Also i cant find a catalytic converter under my car, and no downstream 02 sensor. There is a wire coming out of the chassy about midway above the exhaust, but looks like it was cut. Do i need to get a new exhaust and cat? The car runs pretty rough and misfires a lot, but is driveable.

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
The P10 does not throw a egr valve specific code. It can tried a solenoid code a temp sensor circuit code and egr malfunction code in which is detected routine targets from the temp sensor readings

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
P1400 - EGRC solenoid valve. That is one of the codes I got. Can you tell me what this means, or give me advice on how I should treat this.
What about the exhaust? Will it always run bad til i get a CAT and an 02 sensor?

·
drunken master
10,098 Posts
If you have The solenoid code the most likely thing is the solenoid more than likely is no good.
It's a 3part vacuum solenoid at the back of the engine. The internal cool in it most likely burned up a multi meter at the solenoid would confirm this. It is also very Sim to do all diagnostic checks needed to confirm the correct fix.your running co.dition needs to be diagnosed to find what the cause is. IM not sure what problem your car is currently having.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well actually ive done several searches for EGR related problems and havent found anything specifically that has helped me. that is why i made this post. also most of what i get is for p11, and mine is a p10. anyone who is willing to help please reply

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.