Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just managed to acquire a factory rear spoiler, with 3rd break light, in color, for an insane deal.

Question is, if I take out the trunk panel/interior, would I find any markings for where a spoiler would've gone? Or am I gonna have to just go at it and drill into my trunk?

(My car is a 2.0 LX, which didn't come with any aero)

·
Registered
24,170 Posts
For the middle post, you'll see from below where the two studs and wiring are to go through. The outer posts, the holes don't go through the interior, just the top skin. A plastic clip snaps into the sheet metal, and then another plastic clip snaps into that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
For the middle post, you'll see from below where the two studs and wiring are to go through. The outer posts, the holes don't go through the interior, just the top skin. A plastic clip snaps into the sheet metal, and then another plastic clip snaps into that.

I hope those plastic clips aren't supposed to come with the spoiler. Because I'm not sure if they come with it, otherwise I'll have to become creative.

So you're saying the middle area (Where the middle post bolts to) has some sorta indentation/indication of where the wiring and bolt will go to?

UPDATE: Just checked out some other pictures. It appears that the metal inserts that go on the outer posts are present, although I'm missing 1 clip that goes into the metal insert, and both clips that attach to those.

Also, I've seen some trunks with spoilers on them, but can't visibly see the way it's mounted. I bet it's a pain in the ass to get to the outer ones?

·
Registered
24,170 Posts
Yeah for the center post there are three holes in the center of the trunk, two for the studs to poke through, and one for the wire to poke through. If you look from underneath on the interior side the skeleton of the trunk has access holes, as you will need to attach a nut from the bottom side to secure it to the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah for the center post there are three holes in the center of the trunk, two for the studs to poke through, and one for the wire to poke through. If you look from underneath on the interior side the skeleton of the trunk has access holes, as you will need to attach a nut from the bottom side to secure it to the car.
Alright good to know! Now I know I won't have to struggle with lining it up, thanks for the info! Not sure if I should post a picture when it's on, considering it's most likely been done 1000 times

1 - 5 of 5 Posts