Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took the G20 out from winter storage, and man it feels good to drive it again. Unfortunately I think some mice got in. There’s a pretty strong smell on warm days, and it’s been driving me crazy. So, I decided to strip the interior and clean the sh*t out of it. The tan interior is pretty ugly IMO and I won’t be putting it back in unless I can find a complete black interior Instead, I’m going to try to fab up some aluminum door cards and give it the “track car” look while also shedding some weight. The only thing I’ll be keeping is the center console, and dashboard which will be painted flat black to minimize glare from the sun. Here’s my progress so far. It was raining so I didn’t get as far as I had hoped.

Back seat & trunk carpet removed.

Door panels removed, and wire harness re-routed. I also got rid of the factory stereo amplifier, power antenna junk, and 3rd brake light since I have a wing that is going on after I get it painted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally had some more time to work on the g20. Pulled the wire harness through the small opening near near the drivers side rear door.

Tomorrow I’ll be stripping the unnecessary wires, tucking/securing the harness, and maybe putting my Homemade rear door cards on.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry,

Taking advantage of the fact that you have all the trims removed, can I ask you for some photos that I need?

I would like some photos of the rear wheel arch area, just behind the sheet metal of the seats.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
Where are you located? I still have ONE mint g20T interior carpet available for sale ;)

Make sure you remove the dash and take apart the heater core and heater--- where I saw a mouse nest in a junkyard car anyway and the urine smell was horrid!

Pro Tip of what we do for winter storage is dryer sheets all over the inside including trunk area (mice hate the smell apparently) along with in the engine bay and typically 1 bag of moth balls right next to the battery box under the hood. In the Spring you have the bonus of interior smelling dryer fresh!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where are you located? I still have ONE mint g20T interior carpet available for sale ;)

Make sure you remove the dash and take apart the heater core and heater--- where I saw a mouse nest in a junkyard car anyway and the urine smell was horrid!

Pro Tip of what we do for winter storage is dryer sheets all over the inside including trunk area (mice hate the smell apparently) along with in the engine bay and typically 1 bag of moth balls right next to the battery box under the hood. In the Spring you have the bonus of interior smelling dryer fresh!
I’m in SE Wisconsin. What color is the carpet and do you have the floor mats?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry,

Taking advantage of the fact that you have all the trims removed, can I ask you for some photos that I need?

I would like some photos of the rear wheel arch area, just behind the sheet metal of the seats.

Thanks
Finished the wiring today. Is this what you’re looking for?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for the pic.

I was referring to the trunk floor between the wheel arch and the seat separation plate.

Various photos of that small area would help me decide where to mount a body reinforcement bar.

·
Registered
13,179 Posts
I might be able to find a few parts (panels) but most of it was thrown away when we turned our former 95 G20t into a race car because they broke while being removed. I have a Black T passenger seat but not a driver seat for example. (not sure you'd want that?) The black carpet was darn near mint so I've held onto it for 12 years now knowing what it sold for back then and being even more rare now. I'm about 30 miles from the Pleasant Prairie, WI border. Why don't you just text me and we can go from there. 928 693 7441

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What’s the vision for the car.
Going to drive it on the track mostly. I travel the country for work so I don’t take it on the street much. I have a lot of plans for the exterior/interior, but the turbo setup is staying how it is for now. It’s got more than enough power for the street, and a I feel like any more would make it hard to control on a track. Once the b13 trans blows up I’m gonna do a 6 speed swap and call it a day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts