Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted a mesh grill so badly. I got a piece of the Junyard G20 Episode one from Kris.

Man, I wish I had a real set of tool and taken wood shop class or something becuase using a butter knife really made this hard.

I am now banned from all Home Depots in Miami.

This is my first attempt at this so don't laugh too hard :

PS. Yes I did get that badge on Ebay...lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
lol a butter knife!?

that pic is super fuzzy.. could you take another one.. possibly a close up? thanks. :)

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's not fuzzy thats art ....lol

Here is another but it is dark I will try better one when I wake up. Just finsihing a 10 pm to 6 am shift at work ...:sleep:

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
poppy_morenito said:
I becuase using a butter knife really made this hard.
I am now banned from all Home Depots in Miami.
This is my first attempt at this so don't laugh too hard :
ROFLMAO!!!!!

sorry that was too funny...come to NM you can use my shop next time.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: P10 Mesh Grill Version 1.0

Yahnozha said:

ROFLMAO!!!!!

sorry that was too funny...come to NM you can use my shop next time.

Sad but true it would have taken less time to to Drive to NM than this is taking me now ... here a link to my work in progress ...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291816525

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hey dude, it really doesn't look that bad considering you used a butter knife!? lol... also the picture is taken in the dark so it covers up some mistakes you might have made...

don't give up tho ... you'll get it to look right sooner or later

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
The only pic that caught my attention was the one with you and your girl.;) Bet you pulled her when she saw you chillin in your G.:p As for the grill thing, I guess it's not too bad for an amatuer.:)

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did not want to leave the top bar on because I dont like the look of the silver trunk then black rubber then silver top part then black mesh. I wanted it to look like the silver one that I posted on the site.

I will post better pictures tonight at work becuase I have nothing else to do there after 1 am or so. I met another 2 guys with G's in Miami today and they liked what I did but I need to touch it up. I have no artistic or craftman skills and I got tired and frustrated and needed a drink ...

She is nice and she works at a club on the beach I saw here on my wat there and asked here if she needed a ride .... she said "I did not know you had an INFINITI..... where do you work again ?" ;)

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I added more pics to album but here is the clearest picture I have right now of the work:

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
LOLOLOLOLOL

That was hilarious,I GOT SO TIRED I NEEDED TO GET A DRINK ON OCEAN DRIVE

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
No definitely with you, what bar or club was that?

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Bro we need to set up a SOUTH FL MEET, you set it up ill bring the camera, yours seems a little fuzzy.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I met this guy today from Pembroke Pines that never heard og G20.net driving a silver p10 like mine with a tv in it and cut springs... yes lets meet up soon .... can't let the canadians have all the fun....

·
Registered
614 Posts
The grille looks good. I did the exact same thing to mine over the winter. One suggestion, you should go to autozone and get a sheet of the APC universal mesh grille material. Its much stronger and will hold up better. It comes in silver, red or blue. I got the silver and had it painted black. I used it for the upper and lower grilles. :cool:

·
Registered
142 Posts
poppy_morenito said:
I added more pics to album but here is the clearest picture I have right now of the work:

Looks tight, poppy. Now you just gotta drop a RB26DETT in there and make it a real GT-R! :lol:

Did you use the expanded metal lathe sheet to make that?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stevo said:

Looks tight, poppy. Now you just gotta drop a RB26DETT in there and make it a real GT-R! :lol:

Did you use the expanded metal lathe sheet to make that?

Thanks it the Rain Gutter stuff it came in a Package of 5 sheets. It was only 6 bucks. It is strong but plyable. A bitch to cut with a butter knife but then my friend gave the orange metal cutter things. I will replace the GT-R symbol with the regular infiniti symbol but since i got the GT-R for so cheap on ebay I used it to see what it would look like. But the glue is so strong it won't come off ..lol

I will re cut another grill and swith them out. My standard grill, my black infiniti grill and when I m feeling saucey the GT-R Grill.

Speaking of engine , I was at Andrea Miko shop and saw what was like a wet dream to most. Six DET all lined up in a row with some V V L 's just waiting to be put in my car ...I tired to push one out and into my trunk but he caught me ..lol

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I think the grill looks pretty sweet. I also have a p10 and haven't seen to many custom grills. I think it's looks pretty good espically with the GT-R emblem in it. Props on the grill.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts