Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
G20 Newbie
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well.. the nasty weather put lots of moisted in the car.. and the cd player stoped wokring.. after dehumidfying the car.. i was able to get the cd player to work. only issue it only plays real CD's and none of my CD-R's would play. :baffled: it shows the tracks and i can skip songs, but it tries to play the track and i get nada

any clues?

·
CH0DEmobile
3,202 Posts
Is this on the stock CD player? (just curious, i've got an extra that works fine i'd sell if you need it :D ) Try getting a lens cleaning disc, it's got little brushes on it that'll get all the junk off the cd player's lens, they've worked well for me in the past.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
hey I ws working on a ealy s14 and i noticed the cd player was identical to my p10's
just thought id trow that in

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
The stock P10 CD player often has problems with CD-Rs, my old P10 often did what you are describing no matter what the weather. I think it has something to do with how they are burned...CDs burned in iTunes seemed to do okay but others didn't.

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
my cdr's work great. but just recently my rear spekers stoped working. Im to lasy to check it out.
I figure when im ready i will geta new audio unit and run my own wires

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
burned CDs require a stronger laser to properly read depending on
what type of CD you burned on, what program you used, and
what type of drive you are using to burn with.

Like bhowle said, make sure your laser is clean. and only
use name brand, quality CDs to burn on. hope that helps

·
G20 Newbie
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
njprimera said:
burned CDs require a stronger laser to properly read depending on
what type of CD you burned on, what program you used, and
what type of drive you are using to burn with.

Like bhowle said, make sure your laser is clean. and only
use name brand, quality CDs to burn on. hope that helps
well i burned it using windowsmedia player at like 24x, on office max cd's .. later today i'm going to try to burn it 2x on some TDK's and see if the slow speed helps

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
Newer drives/computer dont have a problem writing at the fastest speed compared to lower speeds...its all disc based...cheap CD's equal crappy quality on anything but lower speed. My office has a stack of HP cd's that are rated for 52x but i can't burn faster than 16x. what a POS disc.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
rmyc said:
what X should i burn it at? i always thought the lower the number the more stable the format is.. it shouldnt have anything got to do with read speeds
your correct. burning at a slower speed has nothing to do with
how a player will read the CD. has to do with the quality of the burn

Edit: it has nothing to do with what speed the player will read the CD
^^^ thats what i ment to say. my bad

·
P10 FTMFW!!!
2,489 Posts
rmyc said:
slower .. is usualy higher Q, since the laser is taking more time and can pump out more juice with out damaging the laser
Newer drives can give the same quality as older drives at lower speed. a lot of it is the speed the cd spins at as well.

The reason why we havent seen much past 52x CD-R's is not because of the limitation of the laser, but of the physical CD. the CD spins so fast that any faster would literally shatter the disc.

i burn music cd's at 48x all the time. never have had a problem in any drive i've put it into, whether its a home audio setup, car stereo, or computer. it's the quality disc. use something like memorex or verbatim for music CD's. the ones that say specifically music work very well also.

·
Registered
114 Posts
lol its funny, the same thing happened to me.
i got angry and just started jamming the cd in and out really fast...
...and it took it.
and played it.
dunno... :shhh:

·
G20 Newbie
6,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay,

i got a cd cleaner.. tried that out and still no luck..

here's the exact symptoms

-Plays Real Cds
-Loads CDR and tries to read for 20sec than spits it out.
-every 100th try it loads a CDR, show the tracks, lets you skip the track, but when you play nothing comes out..

i tried 3 different CD brands and they are all the same

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
well your laser could be going on you...
or it could have got scratched. your cars lowered right?
whenever you hit a big bump and your CD skips, it also
bounces off the laser. over time this will scratch both
CDs and the laser that is reading them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts