Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

41 - 60 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thanks @lerkzone. I'm just on the same tein/agx setup as my previous car. Want coils, but not for slamming.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks loucas. Your g is clean as hell too. Those are eudm tails though... Not JDM. Upcoming plans are fresh headliner and pillar fabric, and clean up the sunroof regulator while its out. Also, brand new pass. Axle is bad already. Ordered from ai auto parts since I heard they were a good source for empi, but I got some generic crap. Already warrantied once... LSD axles are getting scarce.[SUB][/SUB]

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah I meant EUDM lol .. Doing a whole black p10 touring interior swap now ? I did my axles a year ago but got me a oem axle ... Had issues with aftermarket

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Swapping gauge faces from +93 ugly "fancy" numbers to -93 blocky numbers.

the speedo face was slightly different, and required me to redrill the trip reset button hole, and trim the tripometer window. I just directly swapped the tac assymbly over since the +93 tac seems to be less responsive or slow. Minor detail. Just something fun to do on a Saturday. I thought I had LEDs here, but I guess I brought them to work, so will probably run over there tomorrow just to through in the bulbs and button it up

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
G20t trans is starting to growl pretty bad, so this will be the next big thing to happen to the car. I have a b14 ser trans with a relatively new 5th gear and bulk ring, but need a countershaft, since the bearing chewed mine up... Anyone know which cars have the rs5f32a with the same gear stacks as b14 ser?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Trans is repaired and back in the car with new passenger axle and 2 new axle seals. I also ordered a replacement harness for my arm wideband so that will be going in soon. I already havea bung fitted since I was using it on the maroon car. I also replaced the rear xmember mount and trans. Stabilizer bushings because they were shot. The xmember mount was less than 6 months old but can't expect much from Chinese rubber. I Haven't even started my headliner and trim project yet, but have plans totackle that in the near future.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Pictures on this post. Replaced front wheel bearings with timken and sway bar links with moog last Wednesday. Next will be lca bushings (going energy suspension) and ball joints.
I also made a slight adjustment to my ignition timing and fixed a couple of small boost leaks. The car is running and driving great.
Did a custom a pillar pod set up.
aem wideband failed on me. After replacing the sensor and testing the whole system off the car, the actual head unit/display is bad, so I will end up replacing that soon hopefully.
Also, installed braided steel brake lines from goodridge a while back... They were on the maroon car for about 3 months before it got wrecked, so they were scavenged.

Personalized plate finally came in too

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Blew my head gasket over the weekend. I'd like to hear some recommendations for gaskets. From what I've been reading the fwd and rwd gaskets are definitely different and a rwd apexi or tomei gasket would require the drilling of some holes. I gather that cometic is my only choice for a fwd SR20DET? The head will be decked and valve seals replaced.
Also, I am considering upgrading cams while they're out, but do not plan on upgrading springs. From searching ive gathered that the jwt S3 cams are what I want, but they're about 150$ more than some of the tomei cams I hear about. What do you guys think?
Especially need information on the gasket. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
12,425 Posts
Why did the head gasket blow? What happened? For most everything the OEM gasket is more than enough. There is a 20v VET multi later one but you need to make sure the block and head are flat and get some mazworx head studs if boosted

41 - 60 of 116 Posts