Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

81 - 100 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
P10 trans > SE-R trans.. running out of gears sucks.. ser trans tops out way too easy. I'm going to start reviving the p10t trans asap

·
Registered
12,425 Posts
93.5-96 p10 trans and SE-R trans have the same final drive and 1-2nd gears. 3-4-5 on the p10 are only 3-6% longer than the SER so not really much of a difference. At 140mph with the SER trans you will only get another 6mph roughly.

The speedo gears are different because of the tire size difference so that makes the mph difference on the cluster more than it actually is.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Hmmm... Just seemed to run out of gear too easy.. I hit 65k on the tac at about 135.. I got a confirmed 155 with the p10t trans. Could pull from 120 as if it was 60

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Morettes restored, painted, and mounted. I still need to make some harnesses for them to plug up to the usdm headlight connector. Will be doing that tomorrow.
I changed the rear of the car up for now too. Not too serious about them, but change is good every once in a while.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Would the Morette's look better with the Eastbear grille? I love what you are doing with your p10. I'm out to lunch on how the rear looks.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Thanks itinifini. I wasn't getting used to the way the rear looked, so I went back with the full ukdm set of tails already haha.
I couldn't get the eastbear to fit without hacking on either it or the morettes. I wasn't down to cut up either one, so that's the only reason you won't see the morette/eastbear combo on my car..
I did recently paint a phase1 Infiniti grille, which does look better than the phase2 morette combo imo.

Honestly, I don't plan on keeping the morettes on for more than a couple of months... just wanted something different to show off for a while.
Here's a pic of them all lit up with the low beam ground removed for all 4 to be dim at once

·
Registered
825 Posts
Oh Damn. Those look nice.
You have wisdom in not hacking up either rare pieces. Don't forget to install the rear foglight as well!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I've had both the rear fogs wired as brake lights since I bought the ukdm tails about 6 years ago....on another note, I put some r134 into the a.c. system and drove around in a.c. for a while today.. the coolant system doesn't seem to be able to handle it though... I guess between the intercooler blocking half the condensor. And having only one fan, the condensor is heating up and the radiator can't deal..

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Developed a clunk in the front passenger side a about 2 weeks ago when taking off, and occasionally when coming to a stop., i hadnt tackled the bushings yet, so tonight i Installed energy suspension LCA, sway bar, rack and pinion, and both shifter stabilizer bushings, and new away bar links from moog.
I need to align the car, it drifts right now, but it definetly made a huge difference in feel. The clunk is still there, but it's harder to get it to happen now. Read others having issues with the king pin bearings, so I'm going to try and replace those next.. uca bushings seemed tight, but would like to address those eventually too

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)
Clunk was solved with new xmember bushings. I also changed the wheels up and installed my front phase2 bumper. Still need to paint the rear...er uh.. repaint the rear bumper.. also had to replace another ACT clutch because of a broken spring. Also replaced the greddy rs diaphram with one from a company call ngr. Car has been performing well. Then today I lost 5th gear after several miles of being pushed very hard. Thinking it went to pop out of 5th, and broke the shift fork. We'll see. Here's some pics

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nice. Looks good in the pics from November. I'll have to go back to check out what you did with the non-airbag dash; I'm working on doing the same.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
^ There wasn't much to it. The biggest issue is make sure you separate the cruise control and horn circuits out of the drivers airbag harness.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Yes. ^ they were flat black and came with the car when I bought it (see o.p. for pics) I had them laying around so I figured why not strip and polish them.

81 - 100 of 116 Posts