Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well reading here and there, Nissan manuals say that after VIN ******522967, this means at some point of 1995, some P10s I think the ones sold in the northern markets, fitted this part 214986J00, described by nissan as a radiator protection shield, fitted in front of radiator lower part, between radiator and radiator core support.

Is it also fitted in the USDMspecs? I think I should purchase one for the winter, my ALU rad is probably too big for winter driving.

·
Registered
20,818 Posts
No, we don't have it.

I've also seen European grilles where they don't actually stamp out the holes in the plastic so it is blocked off. Not sure if that was a factory thing or knock off parts made wrong.

My p10s run a little cold in winter. Especially the old racecar with no AC, no power steering. And especially since I live on top of a bunch of huge hills. First thing I do when I get on the highway is drive down about 1000' down at 85mph. Plenty of cold air pumping through the engine and radiator + no power going through the engine to keep it rolling I can swing the needle back to C in a few miles.

Going 85mph back up the hill swings the fuel gauge needle lol.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha,

Block part of the aluminum rad might be fine.

About the grills, the Norwegian one that I'm using to build the rally lights has signs of had been blocked at some stage... need to do some research about.

Have a pm sir

·
Registered
214 Posts
Found one on one of mine. It serves more as a protection against larger items, and I doubt it will have much function as a blockoff for winter driving. Might be better off with a piece of cardboard behind the grilles.

Seen through bumper:

And from up top:

·
Registered
214 Posts
No A/C on mine if that's what you're asking. I assume the condensor takes over the job protecting the radiator if you add A/C.

·
Registered
20,818 Posts
Yeah that is what I was thinking, it is a stone guard for non-A/C models.

Also makes sense why US didn't get it; G20s all have A/C.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts