Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen a rear strut tower brace for a 91-96 G20 other than the one posted around a month ago? If I am not able to locate one I have a local fabricator who makes strut bars and he is willing to prototype one if there is enough interest so please post here if you are might want one so we can determine if their is interest for this part and then we can work from there. Thanks

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I'd be interested too. I just hope it doesn't rack up around $50 or something. It's just a metal bar anyways.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$50 is for like a conventional Honda bar, but for ours it has to curve and everything. The fabricator was guessing around $120.00

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Ouch. Jeez... are you serious? How much would it help anyways? It's not like the P10 is a hatchback... how badly do we need more bracings?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know how much of a difference it would make and that is what I would like to find out. Every little bit counts. I am also in the process of having him fabricate a center brace and a 22mm or larger rear sway bar so let me know the interest on that also. The price he gave is a rough guesstimate because he hasn't done it yet and doesn't know how hard it will be. If it's easy the price will be lower, but he said it shouldn't be above $120. All we need to get started on the prototyping is some interest and possibly a little commitment.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Well I'm interested in anything that can be bolted on to enhance the P10s handling. As for cost, I've got limits too, but I'd be glad to shell out some $$$ for high quality goods. Just let us know his progress on them or how good the stuff is working for you when you get them. I know I'd be interested.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
1PhatG said:
If it's easy the price will be lower, but he said it shouldn't be above $120. All we need to get started on the prototyping is some interest and possibly a little commitment.
Check out this thread on the one that is currently available overseas and is around $120 (US$). I would assume that he could fabricate a simliar set-up for much less than $120.

http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1746

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Where is he planning to run the rear bar? right behind the seat? or is there going to be cutting involved to install the bar? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Mike.Com said:

Yeah, I have a couple pictures of rear strut bars installed, I've just seem then either like that, or they go straight across and cutting of the top of the shock tower is involved (and they come close to the speakers too). That's a cool site too!

·
Registered
880 Posts
My roommate is japanese and is an SR20 fan. He used to own a S14 Silvia K when he was living in Japan. I showed him the page and he book marked it. He said that he'd be willing to do quick translations for people if they need it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am going to try to check on that rear strut bar tomorrow which will be later tonight for all of ya'll.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Let me know ASAP if we can have these imported before the prototyping gets under way. I will buy one so he has a template.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts

Looks like there is also a very nice front bar that attaches to the firewall, too bad it looks like it's designed for the highports. :-\
There's actually quite a few different parts for the HP10 in there. Radiator cooling plate, lower arm bar, roll bar, etc...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well I checked and they should be able to order it. It is going to cast 135.00 to order it and it will take about 1 to 2 weeks to get it. Once I get it I will be able to ship it to the states but you will have to pay for shipping sorry :depressed

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Nonelower2001 said:
Well I checked and they should be able to order it. It is going to cast 135.00 to order it and it will take about 1 to 2 weeks to get it. Once I get it I will be able to ship it to the states but you will have to pay for shipping sorry :depressed

That's cool. I actually pm'd you about it earlier. Paying for shipping isn't a big deal at all. It's just one of those things, just like sales tax.

·
Registered
880 Posts
so what would shipping be? $30? if so that's still cheaper than a Stillen bar. How much is their front STB? This is definitely sounding like it's gonna be worth it. That is unless some one has heard bad things about the quality of Okuyama products.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts