Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I'd like to introduce myself as I'm new to both the G20.net community as well as the P10 world. I've spent most of my days dabbling with VW and Datsun, which has been quite a learning experience and fun too! I recently sold my 1.8T *gasp* to buy the wifey as Nissan Quest minivan she wanted *bigger gasp*. As a result, I inherited her Pearl White '95 G20T, and I have a hankering to tinker with it.

I've been searching and reading as much as I can find with respect to suspension modifications (will be my first mod) on the P10. It seems P10s are quite limited in our options for both coilover and spring/damper combinations. I did find the very useful sticky with repsect to our options, but I do has some specific questions that I can't find answers to. Please keep in mind, that I come frmoa school of function before form. If the "best performing" modification offers no visual difference, or an unpopular appearance, please understand that I am purely interested in performance. Thanks to everyone who contributes in advance!

1. Suspension travel: It's my understanding that P10 suffer from a lack of this when they are lowered. My goal is to only lower the car about .5 - .75" so I can maintain as much suspension travel as I can. What suspension products/options will work for this? Supposedly Ksports have the ability to adjust the actualy body of the damper so as to eliminate suspension travel loss when lowering, but I also get the feeling that they are not high quality. Any reccomendations as to what limits I should set for lowering with regard to suspesnion travel? Preferred shock/spring combos?

2. Rear sway bars: Are there any that do not negatively impact unsprung weight? It might be from my inexperience with a multi-link rear end, but I know from my twist beam days (Jetta) the use of RSB added unsprung weight (bad). Is that true with P10s or not? Good brands?

3. Motor/transmission mounts: I haven't seen any here on G20.net. Help?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
okay...well. Lets suppose I go with GCs and AGX...can someone make a recommendation for ideal spring rates for an auto-x setup? I'm only going to lower the car about .5 -.75 inches if that helps. Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just reading about them. It seems I might have missed the boat on that one, as he is no longer making them?

I'm sure this has been discussed before, and I've read a variety of posts on the matter, but I'm really torn between the Ksports and the GC/AGX combo. I'm not dumping the car, so I wonder if a half inch or so would make much of a negative impact if at all. The only thing that draws me to the Ksports is the adjustable body allowing me to maintain travel. I just wish someoe could speak to how important (or not) this is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.