Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how in the hell are people running descent front mount intercooler piping on their p10s. Is it possible. If anybody has pics please post them. I had no idea that the engine compartment was a large variance from the b13 and b14. abs is in the way. well if you got pics i could sure appreciate them.
thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I'm running a HKS intercooler. It's not a big one, but it fits perfectly in the lower grill openning. I'm running both IC pipes down the driver's side. For photos, see my SCC article in the December 2001 issue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
azg20t said:
how in the hell are people running descent front mount intercooler piping on their p10s. Is it possible. If anybody has pics please post them. I had no idea that the engine compartment was a large variance from the b13 and b14. abs is in the way. well if you got pics i could sure appreciate them.
thanks,
Bryan

Bryan,

I have the same HKS IC as Geo. Here's a pic for you.

=)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a lot for the pic. It gives me insight that it can actually be done. I am running the forge unit because all the sentra and 200sx guys have been ranting and raving about it. I believe that its a little longer than the hks unit but not too sure. For the intercooler outlet on the passenger side, where did you guys run the piping driver side piping? ....along the inside of the bumper???

I'll have to look at the article in scc. I've yet to have seen it.
Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I'm running both under the driver's side of the car. My IC outlet piping does a 180 and routes above the IC. There are photos of this in the magazine.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Re: Re: p10 turbo

Geo said:
I'm running a HKS intercooler. It's not a big one, but it fits perfectly in the lower grill openning. I'm running both IC pipes down the driver's side. For photos, see my SCC article in the December 2001 issue.

G20er said:

Bryan,

I have the same HKS IC as Geo. Here's a pic for you.

=)

where did you guys buy your turbos from?? is it a T3? price with everything?. whats you HP now if dynod? anything custom made except for IC piping?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Is it possible for you or someone else on this board to send us the article from that issue VIA email? I have been digging through all my back issues but that one seems to be missing. I probably lost it to the bathroom gods. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated. I’m sure the place that we are going to use can figure it out no problem but you never know. Thanks for all the help guys!!!

I forgot to leave my email

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I might have it here in Tucson too, I still have to unpack everything (just moved to a new townhouse) but if I can find it I'll let you know.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
question!!

I may be able to get a Garrett T3 Turbo... not the complete kit though... Does anyone know if it'll fit my P10? What are the additional parts that I'll need to install it? I'll definitely need to change the ECU right? How about my cams?.... I know these questions may seem retarted, but if you can direct to a source where I could get them answered, I'd appreciate it... :nervous:

Help me please... :sleep:

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
Re: question!!

Fraychild said:
I may be able to get a Garrett T3 Turbo... not the complete kit though...
Help me please... :sleep:
OK just the turbo then? I think www.hotshot.com puts a T3 on their kits, so you'll need a manifold from them. I'd go with the JWT ECU. And the rest would depend on your budget and power goals. Like size of injectors, MAF, etc.

BTW do you know the specs on this T3, like A/R and trim specs? If you don't you might want to get them. It could make your car run like a laggy pig if it's not suited for your car.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
uuuhhh!!

I don't know jack about Turbos!! or the parts they need or all the abbreviations you guys use!!! :eek: All I know is that I saw one on Ebay and thought I'd bag it for the price!! ... I'm getting scared now and think I'll just go spend my money on my engine swap for now!! :p

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know this isn't really recomended, but for my intercooler, we used a holesaw and cut holes in the bumber support. Then we welded some supports in and around the holes to keep them strong. Then we had nice holes to just run the intercooler pipes stragiht thorough to the front; no low pipes to worry about scraping on the ground, and it is an amazingly short distance from the turbo to the intercooler, and then to the throttlebody.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts