Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

P10 uca on rear.

775 views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  tdktank59 
#1 · (Edited)
Putting some thoughts into print here. P10 upper controls arms on rear. Ball joint mounts on knuckle/strut mount, wrap the body end mount around bottom of the "frame" member for strength without a ton of gusseting. Incorporate neg camber gain into the layout, shock mounts on uca, mounted in as far as possible and upper mounts in for shock to tire clearance.

#6 ·
More thoughts in chat

take the strut off and the knuckle has a boss sticking up where the strut used to bolt to
make a ball joint mount that bolts to that boss, ball joint goes to the outer end of uca
if I remember right there's a boxed section on the bottom of the body that acts kinda like a frame member, is actually part of the unibody structure
make the inner mount for the uca like a channel that fits up around that boxed section, has several bolts thru to hold it on
front to rear and vertical placement of the two inner uca mounts and the ball joint outer is critical to achieving the right geometry
I'm just going from memory so it has to be confirmed and/or changed to suit actual build
if I also remember right the lca arms mount quite a ways below that subframe boxed section, which they will need to be in order to have the uca mounts placed right
this would all be for a pretty short travel susp setup, no rally'ers need apply
bolting it on may be best by locating the holes first, drilling them oversized and welding tubes in the unibody to run the bolts thru
that way it give full strength of that area of the unibody without crushing it and it immediately loosening

#19 ·
That is a neat idea, converting the knuckle to a heim joint up top and mount away to whatever pickup points you desire. Were you checking out other rear strut-based suspensions converted to race car stuff gave you that idea to search for or did you just stumble upon that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.