Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cliff notes at end of story. ;)

Around midnight, I did an oil/oil filter change. I also replaced the distributor cap and rotor. After I was done I took her out for a test drive...;)

Northbound Highway 2 connecting to Westbound Highway 134 has a great tight right curve. The connection has a safe speed posted for 25 mph. My car's current limit on the turn without losing major grip is 60 mph; the tires are squealing, but the car is not sliding. The turn takes about 6-8 seconds to complete at 60 mph. I've done the turn many times with the current setup so I'm used to the numbers, lots of fun. Earlier, I did the turn twice then decided three times the charm. Enter DA Integra...

About a mile away from the turn, I notice a car with all clear lights and a low stance in the rear view mirror. I slow down to check out what car it is and notice it's a DA Integra. Nearing the entrance of the turn he moves to to the inside lane since I'm going slow. As soon as he changes lanes, I downshift and speed up for the turn. I take the turn at 60 mph and leave him in my dust with my tires squealing. At the end of the turn, I see him speeding up to get to me so I flash my hazards once and slow down. He takes the lane to my left and has his interior light on. Alone in the car, he revs at me a few time and speeds up a little. His car is a Dark Metallic Blue DA Integra with an loud exhaust, some black rims and a body kit. I decide he's just a pushover so I move to the right and take the lane for the next exit...:eek:

Suddenly, I remember that I'm not in my RX7 anymore...a DA Integra is not a pushover stock vs. stock for a P10. They have similar HP and weight. I jam into 4th gear and cross left a few lanes to get right on his ass. He starts to speed up pretty slowly, so I high-beam him Tokyo Xtreme Racer style. He downshifts into 4th which is obvious beacuse his whole car jerked forward (didn't match RPM's :rolleyes: ). We're around 85 mph and gaining, but his car is gaining slower than my P10 can. Rather than pass him up, I stay right on his ass and flash my lights a few more times. We're around 110 mph, when he suddenly moves to the right lane and slows down for upcoming construction on the right shoulder. I slow to about 80 MPH in the left lane. He's going slower so I'm gain about 7 car lengths on him.

After the construction area, he starts pulling up behind me. He's about 3 carlengths behind me when I downshift to 4th and speed up. He gets to about 2 carlengths, then he starts losing ground. 110...115, he's about 4 car lengths behind. 120...125, he's already near 6 carlengths behind. My P10 isn't gaining much more speed at this point, but it's obviously takes him longer to reach this speed. After around 15 more seconds, he quits and goes into the right lane. I slow down after realizing how fast I was going, and flash my hazards in victory. :p He does a loud loser drive by, then takes the next exit. P10 kicked ass. It actually would've been a closer race if he knew how to downshift properly. Oh well, his loss. :smoke:

Race Cliff Notes:
-I blaze by a DA Integra ('90-'93 Integra Hatchback) on tight turn
-He hits me up
-He's slower so I push him from behind instead of overtaking him
-He slows for construction area
-I'm ahead, he accelerates to get on my ass to return favor
-I take it all the way to 125 mph and he gets OwNeD :p
-He does the ricer Flybye

Hey, you can't beat a whole lot of cars in the P10 on a freeway...but it's nice to know it's not the slowest car out there as long as you know how to drive it. :D

My car:
1995 G20T
All Nissan Primera badging (+50 hp ;) )
JWT Pop-Charger/K&N Intake
Stillen Headers
Some aftermarket exhaust
KYB AGX/Intrax
195/50/15 tires
Recently did a full tune up
130227 miles :eek:

·
G20 Junkee
2,343 Posts
Interesting kill, You know ur gonna get ragged on for street racing right?
Not by me but Im preparing you.

What makes an integra a DA integra?

·
Registered
453 Posts
DC aren't too bad

a friend of mine owns a 01 integra. since both the p10 and the integras carry a engine that powers 140 hp, we always joke around about racing each other.........and eventually we did.... i'd say its pretty much an even break...... just something i wanted to say:)

btw ... both cars are completely stock...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: Re: P10 vs. DA Integra

MannyB said:
Street racing...not smart!!

But...BTW...glad you won!!

GTA_G20 said:
Interesting kill, You know ur gonna get ragged on for street racing right?
Not by me but Im preparing you.

What makes an integra a DA integra?
To all, his own. Everyone's got their own thing. I'm glad he won. :sleep: There's always the call of the street... beckoning those who've had a taste of what it's like out there with the asphalt, stoplights and sporadic cops.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: Re: Re: P10 vs. DA Integra

trbobrk said:

Just like our P10 and P11

86-89 DA
90-93 DB
94-01 DC
Hmm, I kinda believe the years for DA series. But I've seen 96ish 4-door GSRs that are given DB5 chassis codes (DB something, I forgot the number exactly) so I don't know how thta works out. Also, the new "RSXs" aka Honda Integras are still DC. The 94~01 are DC2 *usually, but I think it's DC something else for the projector light-equipped ones) but the 2002s are DC5.

·
Registered
27 Posts
DA = 90-93 Integra.

And again. Street racing... not smart. Glad you came out of it ok to tell us about it though.

Sorry to lecture you, but i've had too many friend die doing that kind of thing on the road. Take it to the track!!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, everyones right about the codes. I forgot the American 2nd gen Integra is a DB. In Japan, the 2nd Gen Integra with a B16A is a DA integra. Japanese tuners usually refer to the 2nd Gen Integra as a DA because the 1st gen was an AV there. :-\

List of Honda Codes

Geez, Honda codes are messy. No wonder the Honda freaks don't normally use them. :p

·
Registered
20,839 Posts
Mike.Com said:
Geez, Honda codes are messy. No wonder the Honda freaks don't normally use them. :p

Yeah so next time tell us what year it was

1986-1989 1st Gen
1990-1991 2nd Gen
1992-1993 2nd Gen Updated
1994-1997 3rd Gen
1998-2001 3rd Gen Updated
2002- 4th Gen

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I'd write about my bouts on the freeway too, but they're not too impressive. Either I'd smoke them, or I'd get smoked...not even close races. Note to self; Eclipse GSX is fast. Very fast. They seem even faster if you get a 200lb buddy to sit in your car with you when you've got an automatic trans.... :*(

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pariawan said:
good that you smoked da integra...why don't you write about our run on the 10East (black p10)...
Hah, we didn't race on the freeway last time. But if you're asking for it... :evil:

You better go to the meet man! Need to have more P10 representation. It's just 110 fwy all the way. We can cruise down together...well, you can try to keep up. ;)

·
Registered
237 Posts
noh , I was kidding man!....your g is pretty fast.

I'll try to make to long beach for the meet. just drive slow so my p10 can follow.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
pariawan said:
noh , I was kidding man!....your g is pretty fast.

I'll try to make to long beach for the meet. just drive slow so my p10 can follow.

Haha, I was just kidding man. :p

You got the high port engine..;)

Yeah, go to the meet though. Hey, I didn't know you had a TL. Did you just buy that?? Those are nice. I'd love a Silver one. Are you gonna keep your G20?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts