Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 but want to now if the P11s are any bigger inside ?? also trunk space is it bigger ?? P11s are are expensive you could get a 2000 Maxima SE for about the same price as a 2000 G20 right ??? 222 hp vs 145 hp ??? not to dis G20s (I like G20s a little better Maximas though) whats a better choice ??????

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
dude at 6'5" your going to be hard pressed to find anything that will fit. I stand 6' and the car fits perfectly, there are a couple of inches above me and the seat is pretty near the furthest it will go. Dont know if this helps but the P11 does kick ass...

Test drive both, its free....if not get a truck. :lol:

·
ʎןןnɟ˙˙ǝdo&#6
2,773 Posts
i'll comment on g's vs. maximas. maximas may be faster but g's look sweeter and only cool people drive g's

·
Premium Member
11,383 Posts
deftapcubus said:
i'll comment on g's vs. maximas. maximas may be faster but g's look sweeter and only cool people drive g's
[erick cartman]SWEET!![/erick cartman]

Im cool....:lol:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
max s give up handling for power over the G right ?

Also whats a better engine to upgrade on the V6 (best for like 10 years in a row) or the INFAMOUS SR20 ??

·
Registered
27 Posts
I concur with the cool people in the G thing. I only know 4 people that drive Maximas that are cool. Plus, if you get a P11 you'll pretty much already know your way around the engine. - Better gas mileage, Better looks, Better warranty.

How much are you willing to spend on a car?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Keep this in mind. The G20 is an Infiniti and therefore a luxury car. The Maxima is a Nissan and, though it may be nice, it lacks the refinement that is present in Infinitis. This is very easy to see in how the car is engineered. Close the door on a G20 and you'll hear nothing but a solid latch. Close the door on a Maxima and listen to all the clunks and rattles all over the car. The finish on the Infinitis is better and the controls are much higher quality too.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Money G20 said:
Keep this in mind. The G20 is an Infiniti and therefore a luxury car. The Maxima is a Nissan and, though it may be nice, it lacks the refinement that is present in Infinitis.
I would have to disagree with you on that. While the Infiniti is the luxury line of Nissan, they are both manufactured under the same practices. The Maxima and I35 are built in the same factories with different front and rear fascias and the G20 whether it's a P10 or P11 is a Nissan no matter how you look at it. It is a rebadged Nissan inside and out. Built in Japan the same place the Nissan Primera is built. Which is the same exact car. Sans the badges and the fact that Japan and some other countries actually get a choice of engines where the US only gets one engine choice.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Well all I know is that when I shut my door, everything is fine. Every I35 I've driven has done the same, it is a solid latch. I've tried out brand new Altimas and Maximas. Both had rattles and booms whenever shutting the door. The controls felt cheap and imprecise. I felt like I was driving a large Honda. OK, yes, Infiniti is made by Nissan. Perhaps the workers went to the same training classes and everything. Maybe the Infiniti quality control is a little bit higher or maybe the workers just try a little harder. I understand that some of the chassis are the same and that some of the body parts are the same. Big deal! Bring me one Infiniti that has multiple manufacturing defects and I'll begin to think differently.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Money G20 said:
Keep this in mind. The G20 is an Infiniti and therefore a luxury car. The Maxima is a Nissan and, though it may be nice, it lacks the refinement that is present in Infinitis. This is very easy to see in how the car is engineered. Close the door on a G20 and you'll hear nothing but a solid latch. Close the door on a Maxima and listen to all the clunks and rattles all over the car. The finish on the Infinitis is better and the controls are much higher quality too.

So what you are trying to say is that since I drive a Nissan Primera that it is less quality then your car??

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Nonelower2001 said:
So what you are trying to say is that since I drive a Nissan Primera that it is less quality then your car??
That is what I am trying to figure out!! :confused:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Originally posted by Nonelower2001

Not at all. My car has absolutley nothing wrong with it. Assuming your car has absolutly nothing wrong with it too, they are the same quality. My point is that the chances of aquiring a car with a manufacturing defect are lower for Infiniti automobiles. I'm not trying to start an argument between Primera and G20 owners at all. I'm just stating one difference between the two brand names.

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Well I dont see how there would be a difference. All G20's are made in the same place as Primera's.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Money G20 said:
I understand that some of the chassis are the same and that some of the body parts are the same.
Some? :confused: More like 100% of the chassis' are the same, since the J30 and M30 are not made anymore.

Infiniti G20 - Nissan Primera
Infiniti G35 - Nissan Skyline
Infiniti I30/I35 - Nissan Maxima (Oops! Forgot this one)
Infiniti J30 - US market only
Infiniti M30 - Nissan Leopard
Infiniti M45 - Nissan Cedric/Gloria
Infiniti Q45 - Nissan Cima

And the body parts between the Infiniti and Nissan are probably 80%-85% the same if not more in some cases.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I don't think I'm being understood correctly. I am not talking about differences between Primeras and G20s. This is where the topic of discussion has gone, but it is not at all what the topic was to begin with. Is the Nissan Maxima a nice car? Yes. Is it made with high quality components like Infinitis? Yes. Is it the same quality as an Infiniti? No, I don't think it is. I have found too many faults with the new Nissan Maxima to believe that it is identical in quality to an Infiniti. Your experiences may be different, but I can tell you that from what I have seen, the Nissan Maxima is prone to a number of manufacturing defects.

·
Registered
16 Posts
infiniti is rated higher in quality

i don't think anyone is trying to start a nissan vs infiniti war.

look at jdpower and consumer reports. infinitis are rated higher. that's why they have a 4/50k warranty as opposed to a 3/36k. infiniti's have a much better fit and finish than nissans. the new altima has been called a great car with a cheap/poor quality interior where the g35 is considered more refined.

if you want raw horsepower then go with the new altima but you will sacrifice the fit and finish.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
NismoPC said:

Some? :confused: More like 100% of the chassis' are the same, since the J30 and M30 are not made anymore.

Infiniti G20 - Nissan Primera
Infiniti G35 - Nissan Skyline
Infiniti I30/I35 - Nissan Maxima (Oops! Forgot this one)
Infiniti J30 - US market only
Infiniti M30 - Nissan Leopard
Infiniti M45 - Nissan Cedric/Gloria
Infiniti Q45 - Nissan Cima

And the body parts between the Infiniti and Nissan are probably 80%-85% the same if not more in some cases.
I30~I35 is Nissan Cefiro. It's a direct port over of the Cefiro, while the Maxima is BASED on the car. I think J30 was based on Altima/Bluebird platform, and yeah, something that ugly was only here in the US.

The Infinitis have better fit and finish because they are all made in Japan...made for the Japanese market (higher quality). The I35 is a great example. If you look at the way it is in Japan (Cefiro = japanese "maxima") it's waaay better than the Maxima here. But in their market, it's standard fare. Check out pics of even the "normal" Bluebird (Altima here,..kinda) even that car looks nice. www.nissan.co.jp/CARLINEUP

Lexus does the same thing. They sell cars that are "normal" to them over there (Altezza, Aristo, MarkII/Chaser) and they sell them as luxury cars here. If I'm not mistaken, the ES300 (or something like that) is actually just the Japanese Camry.

It's just a difference in market taste. Of course the Infinitis are rated higher. They're better cars...better made.

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
Okay this post went off on a tanget but it directly relates to something else I was reading yestersday.

Originally posted by 745TRBOBRK in regards to JD Power Initial Quality of Cars for 2002:
I thought that was strange that Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura were a few spots apart went Infiniti and Nissan were so far apart. It would make sence that the higher price cars would be better built. But 26 places apart really bothered me. Here is my best guess/theory. I think that Infiniti is still made in Japan, where as Nissan are made in US and Mexico. So I think that US models of Nissan would have the quality of other domestic cars, which unfortunatly are crap.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts