Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I had to spend about 45 minutes diging on the forums to find this so I figured Id post a plain jane post about what belt to get if you have a P11 and you want to bypass your AC. In my case, the compressor seized but whatever, Im more pissed that it was so hard to figure out what belt I need. Here goes:

The p10 or early 90 sr20de belt will not work for us due to variences in the brackets. That belt is too short. 33 1/8"

We need a 33 3/4" belt which you have three options.
A) Order it from a non AC car from Japan or europe (good luck)

B)Go to a parts store and try to measure one with 6 ribs and the right length. (again, I wish you the very best of luck)

C)Call your local NAPA and ask if they have a belt number 25060331 in stock. Go there, get it, throw it on, problem solved!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm struggling to find out what belt length I need for my UKDM '99 Primera GT a/c (SR20DE blacktop with AC) - I assume it will be the same as this? Apologies for the colossal thread bump but I hope it will be seen as OK since there are no previous replies, and I have been searching all over to no avail! :)

·
Registered
20,818 Posts
It is probably about the same...except I don't think you have an NAPA stores over there though. :unsure:

So the deal here is the "correct" belt isn't correct. Nissan puts 6 rib pulleys on the AC cars, but only 4ribs on non-AC cars. You can put a Nissan 4 rib belt on a 6 rib pulley if you want; Nissan says it is okay. I wouldn't though. I'd look for a 6 rib belt that is about the same length as the 4 rib belt that is supposed to go on there.

I used a k060331 on my p10 trackcar when I deleted the AC. It is cross referenced to 6PK842, which I think would be the length in 842mm. But the whole belt length part numbering system is kinda messed because I'm not confident all the players are measuring the inside vs. the outside.

The AC on my UK P11 doesn't work. I haven't messed with it yet; it is on my list of things to fix in 3 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought an 850MM 4 rib belt from Amazon, I didn't realise it was meant to be a 6 rib belt. Doh!

Ah well I'll probably just use the 4 rib one. I think it will be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts