Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its gotta be the most out of place item on the car when the antenna is up people wanna ask u if u have some sort of cb radio in there..

how do i run he antenna to a nonvisible place or eliminate the stock one ...

i will do this asap just point in the right direction.
ty
casual

·
♥
3,947 Posts
i was receiving static on my satelite radio, and was also tired of the ugly radio tower sticking 80 feet off the back of my car. so... i wired a cut off switch into the power wire of the antenna, and mounted it under my dash. even when i switch back over to FM, i dont put it back up. the signal is always strong enough with the built in antenna above the defroster element.

FM cutoff switch thread

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I've noticed that my FM signal is pretty crappy before the antenna is all the way up... There are plenty of aftermarket kits to swap your antenna out with a stationary one.

Or you can remove the antenna, cut the power wire, leave it sitting in your quarter panel, and have a body shop weld the hole closed.

Or you can have the hole welded up, and install a roof mount antenna...

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
just go sattelite radio man. You can mount the sattelite antenna on the dash or rear deck so that nobody sees it and just unplug your stock antenna so that it doesn't have power any more.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
If you really wanna be the ish you could get the front bumper mounted pole like Normandie has. JDM tight!!! :thumbsup:

·
♥
3,947 Posts
davew7 said:
If you really wanna be the ish you could get the front bumper mounted pole like Normandie has. JDM tight!!! :thumbsup:
thats for parallel parking.

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
davew7 said:
the bumper pole is for parking. it has a green light on the tip, to show you where the edge of your bumper is. i wanted to do the same thing, shave off the antenna hole, and use an electronic antenna booster.
old thread:
http://www.g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50282&highlight=signal
antenna:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JkHMEvIXOSZ/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=antenna&i=12044UA20

·
THEY TOOK OUR JOBS!
13,766 Posts
davew7 said:
No shite! I stand corrected but damn it would be cool if it were for the radio.
oyoyoy, i been in his car twice, and played with the bumper pole a lot.

·
♥
3,947 Posts
justin243 said:
those are ugly when we get cars from japan at home on my island the first mod is to remove that thing
yeh, i want one when you take it off as well. lol

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I wanna remove my antenna also, But not completely though (I think its a lil bent). When the radio is not in use the antenna is at the last bottom section and stays like that. When the radio is on it goes up but not all the way like I seen in other P11's. I want to remove the antenna motor and push the antenna down so it wont stay up. Anybody know how to?

·
Registered
362 Posts
they mostly come on the b13 and b14 nissan sunny, saw some on p10's. But i guess you all are the opposite to us.People on this sight go crazy for primera badging and we go crazy for the infinit badging. So what you all got we want and what we got you all want.

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts

Schweet €uro Stylee :beard:

(Stock)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts