Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know if the P11 and P10 ball joints are identical? I am having a hell of a time finding one listed specifically for a P11. I figure to get these if they will work...

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
well if it helps my mechanic just told me its the whole assembly, you can't just get the ball joints. but I hav'nt done it yet, he says they see OK for now.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I'm I correct in saying that there is only one ball joint and its on the lower A arm where the hub assembly sits on top of it? Or is that way off?

Gmac

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Ok took some time and looked at my FSM, i'm right in saying the "lower ball joint" but I still can't answer your question.

But call Justin at EverythingG20.com and he will be able to tell you what you need to know.

Gmac

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I too posted up on this a few ago. the FSM states that you need to purchase the whole lower control arm just to "replace" that dang lower ball joint. I personally think that is ridicules. From the looks of it (i purchased the p10's ball joints) they seem to be the same. I didn't get around to doing this, but i am thinking maybe sometime in summer if I had the time.

I too however would like to get more info rather than finding out there is ONE tiny little difference. Again, they do look almost identical and from some research seems that a lot of the nissans share the same parts (including ball joints.

·
"says here on your chart"
4,607 Posts
As far as i can tell, the lca are pretty much identical. The FSM for the P10 also states that the ball joints are not replaceable, but we all know they are. i say go for it, but if it does not fit, you didn't hear that from me

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
P10 WRC said:
As far as i can tell, the lca are pretty much identical. The FSM for the P10 also states that the ball joints are not replaceable, but we all know they are. i say go for it, but if it does not fit, you didn't hear that from me
lol I can see it now, someone going back to the parts store and saying, "but but P10 WRC said it would work! He really did!"

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i say go for it, but if it does not fit, you didn't hear that from me
Thanks, Marty. :lol:

I'm thinking I may go for it. Only $30 or so for both ball joints, not to mention the control arms will already be out getting new bushings pressed in.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
I hope this is right, because I was quoted like over $300 for each control arm :( plus labor

·
Registered
179 Posts
if the p10 and p11 use the same ball joint you can press it out of the p10 contorl arm and press it into the p11 control arm, the p11 ball joint is just held in with a c-clip but it must me pressed in. i got ahold of some firly new P11 LCA that were cut in half so i just pressed the ball joint out of the old LCA'a and into the new ones. try your local junkyard to see if they have any LCA's but the balljoints must be stiff for them to be in fairly good condition. if the move around alot or are torn then...no dice

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
GTwoZero said:
if the p10 and p11 use the same ball joint you can press it out of the p10 contorl arm and press it into the p11 control arm, the p11 ball joint is just held in with a c-clip but it must me pressed in. i got ahold of some firly new P11 LCA that were cut in half so i just pressed the ball joint out of the old LCA'a and into the new ones. try your local junkyard to see if they have any LCA's but the balljoints must be stiff for them to be in fairly good condition. if the move around alot or are torn then...no dice
well that is some good info. I can get the P10 ball joints for like 30 bucks a pair or so from the local parts store.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
let me know how it works, I know I need them in the near future, and I don't want to pay the price of a whole control arm to do it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ive had 2 get clay inside them but my car was still under waranty and dealership eventually took care of it

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Heritic13 said:
Ive had 2 get clay inside them but my car was still under waranty and dealership eventually took care of it
They may have replaced the entire lower control arm as that is what the FSM states to do when the ball joints require replacing. Since it was under warranty they more than likely just did that because i would think it is easier to simply unbolt the whole LCA and put on a new one for them than it would to remove just the ball joint and press in a new one. Even if it costs more money, At least that is my point of view on it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Has anyone ever figured out if the P10 ball joint fits the P11 as well?

Rock Auto lists the following parts for a P10, so I'm tempted to buy a set of Moog joints and see if they will work on a P11.

SPICER Part # 5051165B {RED-Service Grade}
Front Lower
$6.09 $0.00 $6.09

MOOG Part # K9633 {Ball Joint}
Frt Susp; Lower
$9.93 $0.00 $9.93

SPICER Part # 5051165 {Professional Grade Front Suspension Ball Joint}
Lower
$21.79 $0.00 $21.79

ACDELCO Part # 45D2165 {#88911658}
JOINT,FRT LWR CONT ARM BALL -
$27.79 $0.00 $27.79

·
Registered
151 Posts
i can say ive replaced ball joints before but im not positive if it was on my b13 or my p11, (it could have even been a p10 ive owned NOT SURE) but i did replace my bearings for my p11 not too long ago i want to say it was the p11 but not 100% sure. its not a hard job as long as you have the tools and patience...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts