Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it seems that the interior options for the P11 were at least four: regular cloth, regular leather, sport cloth, and sport leather. Right?

I'm trying to find a 2002 Sport and am wondering about the trade-offs between cloth and leather. I've seen pics of the Sport two-tone leather, which looks great (though not the easiest to maintain the ultrasuede?), but am wondering about the sport cloth, since I've located a Sport with such an interior (though I'm not sure--need to follow up with the dealer to be sure). I've been enjoying the amazing Recaro-style seats in my '94 G20t for six years--wonder how I'd take to the cloth in a 2002 Sport. (Besides the surface material, is the seat shape/support the same as the leather?)

If anyone cares to weigh on in the issue, I'm interested in feedback. And any pictures of the elusive "sport cloth" that I think was only available in 2002--would love to see!!

Thanks.
 

·
The Emo Kid.
Joined
·
6,673 Posts
cloth maintains a steady heat better... if its sunny out, it wont burn you like leather. if its freezing out, it wont get as cold. but nothing compares to the sporty look of leather.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,881 Posts
maxx_94_G20t said:
So it seems that the interior options for the P11 were at least four: regular cloth, regular leather, sport cloth, and sport leather. Right?
As far as I know you could get cloth, leather, or the sport interior. The sport interior had suede in panels in the middle (see the link below)

I don't think there was a "regular leather" and "sport leather"...just three options: cloth, leather, or sport.

And by the way 2002 was the only year that the sport was made. Here are some sport seat pics (this thread shows them being retrofitted into a P10, but you get the idea).

http://g20.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37128

IHMO leather or sport interior FTW....especially for a daily driver. Looks sharp and if cared for can take some abuse. Leather also doesn't stain like cloth will if you spill on it (and then clean it quickly).
 

·
G MERA
Joined
·
5,199 Posts
As Merlin was explaining, the only interior trim that was available on the "2002 G20 Sport" was the suede/leather combo. There is a sport cloth interior available on P11t's and is most commonly found on some 99 models. The G20 base had a cloth interior that is soft to the touch sort of like velvet, while the sport cloth (cloth P11t interior) is rougher to the touch. All leathers are the same from 99-02 with the exception of the 02 sport suede/leather wich is very comfortable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,574 Posts
G2002 said:
As Merlin was explaining, the only interior trim that was available on the "2002 G20 Sport" was the suede/leather combo. There is a sport cloth interior available on P11t's and is most commonly found on some 99 models. The G20 base had a cloth interior that is soft to the touch sort of like velvet, while the sport cloth (cloth P11t interior) is rougher to the touch. All leathers are the same from 99-02 with the exception of the 02 sport suede/leather wich is very comfortable.
Correction, the 2002 non sport G20's have perforated leather seats. Everything else Dre is right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. And G2002, thanks for clearing that up about the sport cloth on the P11 "t". That was what I read about that had me confused.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
I have the Sport interior in my 2002 G. I find the suede leather to be as comfortable and warm as any cloth seat. It is also cool in the summer. It is also wearing very well. I have 71,000 miles on my car and the suede looks new. It is the best of both worlds (cloth vs. leather).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cooler seats in the summer sound fantastic, John. Oh, how hot the black leather seats in my (indigo blue pearl) G20t get! This past summer I didn't fork up the bucks to get my A/C fixed either--ouch.

Speaking of, I think it's high time more cars offered ventilated/cooled seats--and, for the cold season--heated steering wheel, too!
 

·
♥
Joined
·
3,947 Posts
i love my full leather, i would have stained the sport interior already, but my leather looks brand new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
mattb said:
My A33 has a heated steering wheel I think.
The wifes 02 Max GLE has one also, so i would imagine yours would to Matt.
 

·
G MERA
Joined
·
5,199 Posts
Domiken said:
Correction, the 2002 non sport G20's have perforated leather seats. Everything else Dre is right.
Damn I never knew that! I gotta check that out I can't believe I missed that after all these years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
Any one know whats best to use for cleaning the suede on the sport seats. I have some stains from my girlfriend spilling sh!t in my passenger seat :angry:, I just dont know whats safe to use on the suede. I have looked in all stores for car interior cleaning products, but nothing is suede, help me...please... :sadblue:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,881 Posts
Sr20de02 said:
Any one know whats best to use for cleaning the suede on the sport seats. I have some stains from my girlfriend spilling sh!t in my passenger seat :angry:, I just dont know whats safe to use on the suede. I have looked in all stores for car interior cleaning products, but nothing is suede, help me...please... :sadblue:
Ugly said:
maybe go to a shoe store...they might have some suede leaning supplies...
better yet, go to an arts/crafts/fabric store...they probably know what to do/buy
 

·
G MERA
Joined
·
5,199 Posts
I just used some warm water, once it dried any stains that were there before were gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
Thanks for the info....i'll try out all your suggestions and let you know which one worked the best.....
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top