Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a n aftermarket Cold air intake installed in my 2001 P11 but never changed the MAF. Now Im looking to upgrade but cant seem to find one.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

I found this MAF but its saying its for a 3.0L engine and to the best of my knowledge (and google's) this engine size doesnt exist.

https://www.autoanything.com/air-intakes/jet-power-flow-mass-air-sensor

Will I need to flash/reprogram my ECU if I upgrade

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
422 Posts
Your stock maf is fine, unless you went turbo or bigger injectors and maxed it out. Or it's dead reading weird. Yes you need to remap it in the ECU. I think Nate used1 from a 3.0L . That cai will never max that maf out. Just rubbing alcohol with a qtip to clean it. Or maf cleaner after you remove out from the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your stock maf is fine, unless you went turbo or bigger injectors and maxed it out. Or it's dead reading weird. Yes you need to remap it in the ECU. I think Nate used1 from a 3.0L . That cai will never max that maf out. Just rubbing alcohol with a qtip to clean it. Or maf cleaner after you remove out from the car.
Thats definitely what I wanted to know.. It turns out the problem was'nt the MAF but the PNP switch that was causing my check engine light so I've just ordered that part and going to try and swap it out myself (although I looked all over the tranny and couldnt find it and then it started raining lol) so Im going to take a good look today in prep for this.

Thanks for the info! It was a big help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts