Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my clarion powered sub today and started the install. i'm more of a mechanical than electrical guy, so the install is real clean and hidden, but i don't know where to hook up the wires!!

1) speaker wires. which wires (color, etc.) are for the L&R +&-?
2) power wire. can i add a ten amp fuse to the interior fuse box and run the power wire there or can i hook it up to one of the wires that runs to the amp, or do i have to hook it up to the positive terminal of the battery?
3) amp control wire. where the heck is this one?

thanks guys! :nervous:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll try to at get you startet.... ;)

1) If it's the speaker cables for the sub, you should use new cables directly from the amp to the sub. If it's the other speakers, then I don't know, but your dealer can provide you with those details. (sometimes there's a sticker on the headunit with all the wireing)

2) Do not try to connect the power cable to the interior fuse box, it won't be any good. You should run a new cabel 8 or 4 gauge directly from the battery back to the amp, with a real fuse max 0,5m from the battery (insurance demands this).

3) amp control wire, comes out of the headunit, and it's normally blue (at least all of thouse I've seen). If you find a wire marked electrical antenna you can also use that one. Warning! Most headunits only can deliver 0,2A and will burn if the amp uses more than that when swithing on/off.

Hope it was a litle helpfull =)

·
Registered
664 Posts
The only good source of power for your aftermarket subwoofer system would be the battery/under-hood fuse block. Seems like it's just a little add on sub, so you can easily use 10-12 Guage wire. Nothing super duty. If you know you'll upgrade in the future then save the time and money and run 4-8 guage.

Everyone asks for stock wiring colors so I just uploaded the alldata wiring diagrams to my website. Here they are.

ELectrical-AUDIO-01: http://members.aol.com/rmjjensen/profile/images/g20/el-audio-01.gif

ELectrical-AUDIO-02: http://members.aol.com/rmjjensen/profile/images/g20/el-audio-02.gif

and the turn on lead is the "AMP ON SIGNAL" -> Light Green w/ Red

and "L" is short for Blue (not the commonly confused lavender).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts