Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Emo Kid.
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, is there a front sway bar upgrade for the p11? is it worth it?i searched around, but searching fsb or front sway bar comes up with rear sways, and front strut tower bars...

any ideas?

·
Registered
129 Posts
UM... ok DAMN!!!! This is your captain speaking we might experience a slight bit of turbolence then crash!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
If you increase the rear spring rate then it should balance out a larger front sway bar.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Just say no...

Not worth it on a FWD plow...

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
It's been discussed, search for it. Basically we have a fwd car, so we want to get rid of understeer, we do this by increasing the rear sway. If you were beef up the front sway, you would be right back to where you started, with loads of understeer. Maybe you could make one smaller, or take it off all together.

I've thought of taking it off, but it's a pain to take off. I'll give it a shot at one of the autoX meets this season. No front sway.

Gmac

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
There are Front Sway bars for the P11. I agree, I would recommend highly against it.

Front Strut Tower bar, rear sway bar, and a rear strut tower bar will be good.

If the front end is too tight and still, .... you slip a little and you become an instant curb plower. haha

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
you slip a little and you become an instant curb plower. haha
:shock: :scream:

Not with my G...no curbage allowed.

Seriously, I just installed my new Addco rear sway bar...and I love the way it handles now. I see no need to add a bigger front bar at all.

NEXT UP...time for some coil-overs! :bigdevil:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
:shock: :scream:

Not with my G...no curbage allowed.

Seriously, I just installed my new Addco rear sway bar...and I love the way it handles now. I see no need to add a bigger front bar at all.

NEXT UP...time for some coil-overs! :bigdevil:
I have a rear sway bar as well. I don't have problems either.

I was talking about adding a front sway bar would cause the car to be extremely stiff. An would then become a curb plow. ;)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I was talking about adding a front sway bar would cause the car to be extremely stiff. An would then become a curb plow. ;)
I knew what you meant...if I am going to plow a curb, I want to do it backwards, not forward. So no upgraded front sway bar... :naughty:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
A stiffer front sway bar would decrease body roll. An increase in rear spring rate would counteract any increased tendency towards understeer.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
true but you would have to fab the rear sway then. Cause everyone designed for the car is made to counteract the stock front swaybar. And then of course the rear spring rate, would could all be done. But difficult.

Gmac

1 - 16 of 16 Posts